Finally Got A Moon Phase Orbiting Earth Face Working Right

This face took a lot more fiddling with to make it “look” right than I really wanted to do. The earth still spins too fast but If I try to slow it down it starts getting jerky and looks bad. But I’m happy with the orbiting Moon Phase on MAG 1640

4 Likes

Yeah. Difficult one that one. Or you get into a Lucky Andrei RIP 100 layer animation.we’ll done with the Moon pics. You would not like to do a 32 layers on would you.? I wiil happily send you the Resources… I would love to see the globe rotated to the users Location with a bit of a night shade… But that is a hell of a lot of work. Well 4 or 5 layers if you have a very basic night shade. Love the Font.
Love your trick to get Colin to sit in the Right place. Good you got #Db# in there. Very smart. I usually just put it in a dummy layer.
A lot of Education in there if someone wese takes the time to look under the Bonnet.

2 Likes

Thank you! I’m not interested in doing much more elaborate watch faces. At some point, it becomes less fun and more of a chore. Especially since I am not one of the chosen few to get paid for doing it. The use of #Db# in the time expressions comes from a community post that was answered by @phelanengland. I will assume that he is the one who come up with those expressions. The font is a Star Trek font and it’s one of my favorites.

On the floating colon, I’ve gotten tired of making a four-digit time display for all the 24-hour users with leading zeros and get comments from 12-hour users like, “great face if it wasn’t for the zero in front”. I started just dimming the zero to 20% opacity and they still complained. Moving the colon on 12-hour users and leaving the 24-hour users on #DHZ# which forces a leading hour zero has been the best no complaint option so far. I just get tired of complaints from free users about another free user’s free watch face. I’m afraid I’ve turned into a “grumpy old man”. :laughing:

2 Likes

I know Exactly what you mean. I find it difficult to put the hours in I did before . But we end up with a few bits in the box that we can just get out and reuse .
Some make faces with Images for Numerals on the Digital Time Like myself and describe that it is 12/24 hrs. I have played around to get Leading zero and not . If I am not using #Db# Make sure it is on a Text layer that is invisible . then you offer the option to change it in the Triple Tap menu . But you know that I am just putting it down on paper in case someone bumps into it .
Respect for leaving Inspection on a lot to learn from there.
Carry on Grumping .

2 Likes

I love it :heart:

2 Likes