First #DMR# design - date incorrect

Hey folks. I’ve been making simple faces for myself for the past year and decided to use a face I found on the net. It has a cutout at 3 for the date, so I put a rotating set of numbers that I found here on Creator (thank you to everyone for your generosity). I used the 0#DMR# expression and it is showing today’s date as 6, rather than 5. What am I missing? TIA!

1 Like

Can you be a bit more specific? or give us a link to your watch face and open it for inspection?

0#DMR# does not seem right. Should at least be just #DMR#

1 Like

Sorry, of course: RadioFree - Green 1.0 - watch face for Apple Watch, Samsung Gear S3, Huawei Watch, and more - Facer

1 Like

When I put in the DMR code, Facer automatically added the 0, so I left it. I’ve dropped that 0 and it’s still showing tomorrow’s date.

1 Like

#DMR# is Day of Month Rotational Code. This is for a datewheel image.
If you want to have a text value of the Month number, use #DM#.
With regards to the leading zero you have. If you are wanting to pad a number with zeros, you can do this using the “pad” function. (Edit - you can just use tag #DMM# for leading zero!)

#DM# Month in Year (Numeric) 11 All
#DMM# Month in Year (Numeric) with leading 0 11 All
#DMMM# Month in Year (Short String) Nov All
#DMMMM# Month in Year (String) November All
pad(number, digits) Pads a number with “0” so it fills the digits value specified (pad(#DM#, 2)) 01

Refer to the Facer documentation for available tags and expressions:

3 Likes

Hi @artpringle . Welcome . I was able to reproduce you Error easily I don’t know if something has changed . The zero angle was on 1 I think it should be 31 . Any way the fix is simple .
((#DMR#)-11.66)
Sorry that is glib Maths . the self explanatory version is
(((#DMR#))-(360/31))
You have to excuse all the ( ) I can not help myself .

2 Likes

Well @russellcresser that worked perfectly! Many thanks. I am most curious as to why a seemingly simple datewheel laid out the way this one is would be off? And where does the code get its daily update? Meaning, how does it know it is a month of 28, 29, 30 or 31 days? Am I overthinking this!?

2 Likes

No No . These are good fundamental questions . The Date comes from a Division of the UNIX Epoch Timer . On Facer It is called #DNOW# . It has been running Microseconds since February 1972. It runs out in a few years but we don’t need to bother about that today . The same Timer runs the second Hand . Obviously to get the date some clever Fellow has included all the days of the year , every leap year since an into the future . There are some formulas on the community where the Giants of maths have used it to work out the moon phases before we got the new Tags . You have two choices . You can Blow your mind or just Have fun .
About your date Wheel it just needs setting back 11.66 degrees in you Drawing Package . Ha Ha .
Like So.

1 Like

Perfect, thank you. I’ll stick with just having fun! And the extra () are just fine for those of us with ADD :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

You see if you don’t use loads of ( ) you need to learn the Natural Precedence of the Operands . I have to look both of those up on Wikipedia . Apart from being increasingly Dyslexic I am forgetting everything . When I embark on a project I begin right from the beginning . I have some good notes :::)))

2 Likes