First Published Face

Helloo!
I mainly do illustrations and animations and have been converting them to watch faces. It’s been really cool seeing my art come to life and being able to walk around with them on! I think I’m too self-conscious to publish that stuff though, I couldn’t bare internet feedback on something so precious to me…I have however made one face exclusively from resources found here in the community - A testimony to how great the people I’ve met here so far are :purple_heart:

9 Likes

That looks quite nice, good job :+1:

4 Likes

That is a nice Face . Well done . I love Community resourced Faces and Creator Basics . It is surprising what can be achieved . Please show us your face you made for yourself . Just give us a shot of it if you prefere . I can assure you Two things I know . It will not be Zero Effort Garbage and It will be a Better than most the Faces on the Fresh Faces Pages .
I think the background Highlight rotates with wrist motion on this one .

5 Likes

Great work putting yourself out there! This is a really nice face, much better than the first one I published :rofl: I like the dim mode. Keep it up! And I agree with @russellcresser - Some people may be jerks, but they’re the minority and who cares what jerks say. Most people are really lovely and I’m sure would think your art is awesome.

4 Likes

This is a great face too @russellcresser ! I have tried a few creator basics faces, but never a community resources one. Maybe I’ll give it a go too :blush:

3 Likes

Sadly Mr @rob.fisk does not visit us much these days . He lead a Facer Creator Basics Challange and Made a Collection . But because he is not active at the moment He has not updated it . While we are on Starter Faces Pleas show is One if not all .
This is my Favourite because it is silly .

4 Likes

This is an Early Published face . A copy of a clock I made from a holiday pic . The clock does not have the Moon Phase . In 4 years it has had 16 Syncs . Lets got to the Bank .
I did not know how to do a battery Gauge at that stage .
I had some others but deleted them . I was so embarrassed that I had published them I wish I had kept them for reference . Marvin the Bot showed us recently all the faces we had deleted but I did not take the chance to recover them . They could have been wonderful examples for people starting out . Don’t delete a thing .

2 Likes

Welcome and it’s a nice face you have shown us - I can assure you any face you post here will either be praised or, praised and get constructive feedback. The experts here will do one or the other. The experts only ever want to help you along a development path of discovery of what the Facer Creator can do. BUT I warn you now it is addictive! You will get the answer to your questions here in the forum - just do a search and if you don’t find it, then post it here and the Cavalry will arrive. When you do decide to publish a watchface remember to duplicate first - there’s a bot (colloquially known as Marvin) that looks for copyrighted stuff on your watchface and in its description - infringement could get your watchface taken down and it would be sad to lose it.
Please show us some of your watchfaces we all learn from what others do.

5 Likes

Yeah . What He Said . Nice welcome .

2 Likes

Nice! Make the mini dials hours, mins and seconds maybe?

2 Likes

Ha Ha well spotted @Rator . Battery for one . Try Rotation (((#BLN#)/100)*360) . Battery Gauge left please .

3 Likes

solid

3 Likes

Welcome, welcome - what everyone else said; nice job!

3 Likes

Still started from a good place! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Good idea!

3 Likes

Will have a go at integrating, thanks!

2 Likes

Well, this is my 1st watch face I created when I joined.

3 Likes

Is there a website where we can see examples of your artwork?

3 Likes

Working on it! It’s just so expensive to host a site :frowning:

2 Likes

Very true. In fact that is why some Facer members should think twice about abusing the resources that Facer provides to them for free. I’m not talking about you guys. I’m referring to those who publish more than 6 designs within 24 hours, or those who feel entitled to ask for donations for themselves, or those who create more than one account.

Back to your “art come to life” I’m looking forward to seeing more. Keep up the good work.

4 Likes