Fitness Stats (i.e. step count) not counting correctly - is help on the way?

I see from similar posts that I’m not the only person with this issue. However, the Google Pixel Watch isn’t noted in these posts. So, I am joining the chorus of frustration and adding the Pixel Watch to the list. This seems to be the case on all the Facer faces I have tried. The step counter will count up and match Pixel/Fitbit numbers nicely up to about approximately 900 plus. Some days it gets all the way to 999, but never higher. Calorie burn gives a number, but never one that makes sense - often something like 35 or so when actual calorie burn is in the hundreds.

I have heard (still in the rumor department) that a major Wear OS update is coming (hopefully in March). Does anyone know if Google or Facer has possibly heard all the screams and help is on the way?

I have restarted the watch (all that does is take the stats back to 0 where they stay until the next day). I’ve tried powering the watch off and then on again with the same result.

I have updated the Facer app on the watch as well as the companion app on the phone.

These are all the possible “fixes” this non-programmer knows. Are there any other ideas?

All I could suggest is making sure that Facer has all permissions granted on your Watch and Phone, the Step count is working just fine on my Galaxy 4 Classic, where it showed I had exceeded 18k steps yesterday on a long dog walk. Beyond that I’ve no idea sorry.

1 Like

You Guys and your Huge Step Counts . :trophy: :+1:

1 Like

Thank you for the suggestion. I have checked all my permissions and they’re all granted. Today, my Pixel Watch got up to a lovely 946 steps and stopped. My Fitbit step count is 4167. I think the Samsung Galaxy line might be further along in solving this problem than the Pixel Watch.

Became hopeful last night while charging the Pixel Watch. I saw that a “Security Update” was installing. It installed nicely and restarted the watch. Unfortunately, steps counted up to a whopping 874 this morning and quit. :frowning:

My personal thought is that with Google including Fitbit integration into WearOS along with Google Fit integration is where the problem lies with the Pixel Watch owners. I think WearOS is getting messed up supplying data to three different systems, including Facer, and just shutting down. But I’m not a real computer programmer, I just play one on TV. :rofl:

2 Likes

I think Google is trying to solve the problem with health apps data.

I don’t know if you’ve noticed the “Health connect” app on your phone, the idea is that all health apps read/write data to “Health Connect” and then share those data from one place, to avoid the clash between them.
It’s still in beta phase.

2 Likes

Hi @masterboyhr
Yes, I too found this “Health Connect” App. I read on the Samsung Italy Community that many users complain about excessive use of the battery by the App.
Many recommend uninstalling it. I have a Galaxy S20+ and the GW 5Pro.
I only use Samsung Health. I don’t use services like Google Fit; Strava etc.
Any ideas on whether to uninstall it or not? Could uninstalling affect Facer?
I have checked all the settings and I have to say that Facer is not mentioned anywhere.
I’ve put the app on hold for now
Any suggestion is welcome

1 Like

From my experience it doesn’t drain battery at all. No impact whatsoever.
0% battery usage.

It’s not connected to Facer in any way.

App does nothing at the moment, it’s pretty useless so it doesn’t matter if you have it or not.
I have it installed because I want to see how it will develop.

I also like and use Samsung Health but I also like to see how Google Fit analyse data, it’s a bit different.
There is another way to connect data from Samsung Health as a source of data to Google Fit.

There is an app called “Health sync”, it connects SH and GF.

App works great, transfers data from Samsung Health to Google Fit.

1 Like

Hi @masterboyhr
Thank you for your answer. I checked in my App Health Connect and I saw that I also have 0% battery consumption.
So I’ll do like you and leave it in her place. We can never know if it may come in handy later.
Hopefully, in the future, I can always put it on Hibernation or Enhanced Hibernation.
I think I understood that it should link the data of different Apps and, in my case, having only Samsung Health, I think it’s right that it doesn’t do anything.
I had tried Google Fit at the time of the bad TicWatch, but perhaps out of habit I liked SH better and I continued with that.
It has all the data I need and it seems well organised.
I took note of the App you linked. It can always come in handy. In Italy we say “Learn the art and put it aside”

2 Likes

The “rumor mill” says that the Google Pixel Update for March is rolling out as of a week ago. It has not yet arrived at my watch. I was wondering if any Pixel Watch users know if this update solves the Stats Counter (steps, etc.) problem on the Pixel Watch. I figure somebody must have it by now.

1 Like