[FIXED] Step counter not working on WearOS watches

Update February 28th: Facer 5.1.5 is available in BETA and includes a fix for the step count issue. If you would like to join the beta, please follow the steps here. We’re hoping to make 5.1.5 available to all users before the end of the week. Thanks for your patience!

3 Likes

It works :slight_smile: amazing, thank you. I have a question about the Google Fit login. Will we need to do this each time we change to a face that uses the Step count, or is it a one time only thing?

@paul.flood.82 - Only once!

AMAZING, thank you again

@Facer_Official hi, I have the beta and have updated both phone and watch apps but it is still not working for me. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling both and still no success.

Edit: got it working now. I ended up having to uninstall google fit, and reinstall it. I also deleted all the saved cache and data, set it up again and it’s now working.

Hi @muddywaters! Sorry about that - can you confirm you have the right version on your watch? To do that you can just 5x tap on the Facer watch face and it should bring up the About section.

Hi @Facer_Official, thanks for getting back to me. I just edited my post but I do have it working now. Thanks!

1 Like

Excellent - good news!

@Facer_Official thank you for all your hard work&dedication…it’s very appreciated😊I do have a question for you folks or anyone here who could share an answer with me…given the solution for the step issue,should I just need to reinstall the Fit app from the Play Store or is there other further steps that I need to do?

1 Like

You normally should not even have to re-install Google Fit. Updating to Facer 5.1.5 is all that should be needed. The only other necessary step is accepting the Google Fit permission that will show up the first time you try to load a Facer watch face with a step counter.

1 Like

@Facer_Official:thank you for the timely reply I really appreciate it!I have another question that may sound goofy but here it is anyway:since my apps.are set to auto update should I manually need to update Facer or is that a uninstall&reinstall thing?

Hi there, I updated the app, is 5.1.5_100737_beta on watch. Still no step counter working. I accepted the Google Fit stuff when loading the face. Will try to uninstall and reinstall Google Fit.

Update: is working!!! Just a change of face, now it shows the step count! Great job!
P. S. Huawei Watch W1

I have noticed that the first time it can take a few seconds to start updating.

Now It works : thank you

How can one become a beta user/tester?

Yea! Working great now. Thank you. Fossil Q Venture.

Hi! Just became part of the BETA. Have been struggling with steps issue for weeks and stumbled on this. Now, everything works great so far! Thanks for the fix! Fossil Venture 3 watch. LGV3 Phone.

1 Like

Works like a charm, installed, reconnected with FIT (used Huawai Health as a back up) and my steps are back:smiley:

1 Like

Hi all - we are starting the deployment of Facer 5.1.5 to all users right now. We’ll update this thread when it’s available worldwide. Thanks for your patience!

1 Like

Hi guys,
I installed the latest Facer update (V.5.1.5) on both the smartwatch and the smartphone and also 'I had to remove and reinstall Google Fit to make the step count work.
Now I ask you, why the indication of the steps on the essential display does not correspond to that of the warchface?