[FIXED] Tizen 4.0.0.4 iOS Sync Issue Support Post

I’ve had an issue with this before everyone, they are good about fixing it and pretty responsive. From what I’ve seen, they need to wait on Samsung for this fix.

I’ll try to answer everything I can…

I’m running 3.0.0.2 (not even really sure how to update that lol)

Here’s the step by step that worked for me yesterday. I did it from the website btw. (Make sure you have room on your Facer watch app. If you have 10 of 10 faces, it probably won’t sync a new one)

1. Turn on watch, wait for it to boot up fully.
  2. Launch Samsung app on phone, wait for full boot.
  3. Find the face you want to sync and put your watch in dim mode. (I dont know why but it seemed to work more reliably when it was in dim mode)
  4. Roll over the big blue sync to watch button and wait for it to finish fading in. Once the animation is complete, click it.

It should sync at this point. If it doesn’t, click it again.
If it still doesn’t sync, quit the samsung app on your phone and relaunch it.
Try leaving the app open and up on screen and repeat the process again.

If it still won’t sync, quit Facer on your watch and start it again and repeat the process.

If it still won’t sync, lol buy a Samsung phone. No, I’m kidding.

Also the issue seems to be just with the iphones.

1 Like

Hi guys - Sorry we haven’t updated in a few days. We are still actively looking into this; we are talking directly with Samsung’s engineering team to get things figured out. This is likely related to an issue introduced by the latest Tizen update and the bad news is that we still don’t know the timing for a fix to the underlying issue.

However! The GOOD news is that we are working on a release to provide a simple workaround so that you can get faces synced to your watch asap. We’re targeting next week for this update to be available.

Thank you for your patience! We will update this thread again when we have more info.

3 Likes

thank you for the update! we love ya marcus! :blush:

1 Like

Buying a Samsung phone is exactly what I have done. I’m now using my apple watch with my Iphone 8 and my new Galaxy Watch with my Samsung J4+. A whole new experience with the watch now as I can now use facer properly and have Samsung Pay and the ability to reply to text messages.

2 Likes

Any update guy’s, or anyway to roll back the Tizen SW version. This for me is now a broken watch. I only really like it because of the way I can personalize it with Facer :frowning:

Unfortunatley for me i reinstalled the Facer app on watch so ive not even got any of my previous designs :frowning:

I’m wearing my TAG again now until this is resolved!

Thank you Marcus, we appreciate the response.

1 Like

Whoop! Thank you! Waiting with baited breath! X

3 Likes

another issue i see w/Facer on Tizen 4.0.0.4 is also major battery drain, like 1% every minute. prob related to sync issues since i have my wifi on i’m trying to sync faces too. am going to look into what we need to do to rollback firmware, old school geek here… i’ll post back what i find out, prob involves a dev kit is my guess.

1 Like

Please do, I tried yesterday thinking the factory reset would do it but no joy.

1 Like

Thank you for acknowledging the problem and your speedy work on rectifying the issue. I would also ask to please find a fix for iPhones and Samsung Galaxy watches in regards to the iPhone battery life displayed on the watch faces as well. This is an important issue that needs to be fixed.
(I cancelled my subscription yesterday because I thought you would not find a solution to this ongoing problem that a lot of people are having. I know you and the staff are well aware that thousands of people are potentially cancelling their subscriptions because their experiences with the app and the functions on the watchfaces are not integrated smoothly across all platforms. PLEASE FIND A SOLUTION!!) Many great companies and ideas crash because solutions are not quickly implemented to make their customer base feel like they are being taken care of and listened to.
I will re-subscribe to Facer’s service once an adequate solution is found to this ongoing problem of syncing watchfaces and battery meter issues from iPhones being displayed on Samsung Galaxy watchfaces.

1 Like

How we doing with that short term fix guys. This is dragging on now.

1 Like

agreed, any update on the short term fix?

1 Like

How’s that GOOD news coming along Marcus?

1 Like

@marcus

Any news please.

Many people pay or have spent good money on this app not to mention the countless hours to make some of the fine faces available. Some of which, some customers cannot download until you apply a fix to your app following the Tizen 4.0.0.4 update.

Don’t get me wrong I love this app, really love it but when anyone else does a SW update the affected apps normally follow suit with a patch in reflection fairly quickly. Thankfully I didnt know i had a problem until I wanted to create a new face but regretfully before I knew it was a known bug I reinstalled practically everything trying to resolve. I have nothing but the odd ok(ish) offering from the daily mix. I desperately want to use my own faces.

I can be patient but I need regular updates please, i dont think that’s much to ask. At this point i’m glad I unsubscribed to Premium & Creator Pro. But heart goes out for those still paying.

1 Like

i was going to buy premium until i realized i couldnt sync faces. I made a face on my page that says im taking a break from making faces til the issue is fixed.

1 Like

Great idea, have done the same !

1 Like

Dude, did you figure out how to rollback?

1 Like

Has anyone tried rolling back the Facer app SW to 5.0.0. Because this version also came out 2 weeks ago. I haven’t figured out how to roll it back yet but I know there is a way.

1 Like

still looking into it this week since i’ve been traveling for my geek work but so far what i’m finding is that one will need to use the Samsung Odin software to downgrade if its possible. XDA forums for the Gear Sport have several posts about changing firmwares.

Here is one post that has the older firmwares from 2018 and netodin software to flash however i’m not exactly sure what firmware this is and what regions so more research needs to be done on my end. i’l keep reading up today when i have some breaks but sadly won’t be able to test on my Gear Pro until mid week since i forgot my watch at home. This post does not have the 4.0.0.4 firmware but does outline how to downgrade via netodin.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=73503787&postcount=150

edit: however downgrading may be pointless since we will prob just get the new 4.0.0.4 repushed via OTA and be back at square one. hoping we get some word from Samsung or Facer again on where they are at w/this issue.

3 Likes

Thanks mate. Prob a bit too geeky for me but appreciate it.

@marcus or any other @Facer team. Please please please can we get an update :disappointed:

3 Likes