Formula instead of value shown in Facer app but not online

Please see this watch:

if viewed in the Facer app it will show how the (Days 'til) value is put together but not the actual result. Viewing it online the final value is displayed…

Please copy paste the formula you are using or activate inspector mode so we can do some tests to see what may happens there… (I just saw the wacth in facer app and youre right…)

This is the formula I used:
$((#Dy#/4)==floor(#Dy#/4))&&#DD#<=305?305-#DD#:$$(#Dy#/4)!=floor(#Dy#/4)&&#DD#<=304?304-#DD#:$$((#Dy#+1)/4)==floor((#Dy#+1)/4)?365-#DD#+304:$$(#Dy#/4)==floor(#Dy#/4)?366-#DD#+304:365-#DD#+304$ Days 'til

Thanks for looking into this…

BTW, on Samsung S3 it’s showing correct too…

Previous exploration: created a blank watch just with the formula in a text. In Creator and web preview it works correctly. In Facer App and my Fossil Q Explorist shows the formula :disappointed_relieved:
I’ll keep diggin…
Maybe if you split the formula in several text fields for example
Text: (305-#DD#) Days 'til
Transparency: $((#Dy#/4)==floor(#Dy#/4))&&#DD#<=305?100:0$
And so on. Its more work but maybe you gain compability…

@adyhr,
The nested chain of conditionals only works if all the conditionals are flat, single-test, EQUALS only in all of the conditions.

$ A=B ? x: && C=D ? y: $$ E=F ? z: && and so on…

I’ve gotten many strange and weird results over time. The bottom line is EQUALS only.

HTH,
John

1 Like

I tested spliting the formula and it works, but I don’t know how all the formula works so I can’t provide every layer…

EDIT: This space intentionally left blank.

Thanks to for your reply. I am in the process of resolving the issue with the leap year through layers. as to the version without the leap year i found the following to be working:

$(#DD#)<305?305-#DD#:670-#DD#$

1 Like

For the layering I used

$(#DD#)<306?305-#DD#:670-#DD#$ Days 'til
$(#Dy#)%4==0?100:0$

$(#DD#)<305?304-#DD#:670-#DD#$ Days 'til
$(#Dy#)%4==3?100:0$

$(#DD#)<305?304-#DD#:669-#DD#$ Days 'TIL
$(#Dy#)%4==2?100:0$

$(#DD#)<305?304-#DD#:669-#DD#$ Day 'TIL
$(#Dy#)%4==1?100:0$
Will update shortly the watch face

1 Like

Issue seems NOT to be related to the nesting of the formula. Updated with above code and get the same issue. It is even worth as it shows now the layers even though they are controlled with the transparency. I will turn-on the inspection for everyone who wants to take a stab at it.

Hey, was having a problem like this myself, and found a fix that might work for you too: (if it’s still a problem)
I changed this: $#Dk#+7>23?#Dk#+7-24:#Dk#+7$:#DmZ#
To this: : $(#Dk#+7)>23?(#Dk#+7-24):(#Dk#+7)$:(#DmZ#)
And that made the watch face on the watch itself show the actual value of a 7 hour time advance on a clock rather than it used to show the raw code with some numbers in it.

Ok, finally I found a fix for this … I broke the formula up in 4, first testing for the leap year and then calc the dates til Halloween. After Halloween I state on the watch “Days past Halloween” until 12/31 on 1/1 I change back to “Days til”

$(#Dy#%4)==0&&(305-#DD#)>=0?(305-#DD#) Days til: $
$(#Dy#%4)==0&&(305-#DD#)<0?(#DD#-305) Days past: $
$(#Dy#%4)>0&&(304-#DD#)>=0?(304-#DD#) Days til: $
$(#Dy#%4)>0&&(304-#DD#)<0?(#DD#-304) Days past: $

This could be changed with additional calc to ONLY “Days Til” , but would need some more lazyers.

Hope this helps…