Forum Usernames

Hi there Community, is there a form application or a specific link that I have yet to find where we could request a username change?

I see there is no option to change our username in the settings, although you can add a nickname. I assume this is a popular question and problem based on all the search results when I was looking for solutions. Most topics were a few years old, so just curious if anyone has any new information on the ability to change our forum username.

Thanks guys!
-Port City

Not sure there is such a form. You can change your user name in your profile, as below. But I would not recommend it. Followers will no longer find you and will have to “re-follow” you with your new name.

1 Like

If you mean the user name here on forum, I think it is fixed and can not be changed. At least I could not find a way back then, when I realized it was automatically derived from my email.

2 Likes

I don’t remember if it includes a username change, but you can reset passwords here: Facer - Thousands of FREE watch faces for Apple Watch, Samsung Gear S3, Huawei Watch, and more

1 Like

I have changed my forum name on my secondary account, but you only have that option until you post here in the community. Once you do that the option goes away.

3 Likes

Yes, not cool. I also didn’t know it will be taken from the mail (the one I never use).

Yeah. I added a name thinking it would be my forum username but it took my real name from my email without the option to set it at sign up and only on first post did I see what it had done and now I am stuck with my real name shown rather than my desired forum name.
There should be an option to request a change that also updates references due to the massive oversight that you cannot choose your forum username at sign up and are unaware until it is too late to fix it.

1 Like

Yeah. Someone started a FB account with my real name adding 11. Fortunately it is not my Legal name but I wish it was a bit more Anonymouse .

1 Like

@russellcresser @rob.fisk
I guess I got lucky. I didn’t realize you can change the display name here only before you post the first time. I did that with this account, but not with my personal account which is my Amateur Radio callsign (license). I keep that account as hidden as possible, but this one I flaunt all over the place.

2 Likes