Fragmented rotation for the second hand

Hello,

I would like the second hand to move at every second (in a fragmented way) instead of constantly moving (in a smooth way).
Any idea how to apply such change to the rotation’s animation?

thanks,
Vic

2 Likes

Have you tried different tags yet?
#DWFS#

4 Likes

Thanks! I’m still a newbie at this :smiley:

2 Likes

I’ve been here for a while Vic, and I’m still a noob as well :joy: We should form a group :joy: :rofl:

3 Likes

Good morning! Vic :slightly_smiling_face: :raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed:
Yes. Me too, at first I had my questions with some things. But, thanks to the Facer.io scheduling system, it is very nice, comfortable and fast to be able to program and design our jobs … :wink:
Tags – How can we help?
Here I pass you, the programming information help that Facer.io gives to be able to work …
Cordially ! JDCardozo

3 Likes

Also, these…

Second hand bounce:
(#DWFS#+0.45*sin(clamp(#Dsm#-#Ds#,0,1)30)(1-clamp((#Dsm#-#Ds#)*3,0,1)))

Mechanical ticking second hand:
(round(#DWFSS#))

4 Likes

Thanks Rator, I might try those out later (not now, I just spent ages creating Midnight Red :grin:)

2 Likes

Anytime my friend. It’s not often I can help with code work!

2 Likes

the formula (round(#DWFSS#)) can achieve 6 ticks per seconds WITH SECOND HAND

the formula (round(#DWFSS# * 2) / 2) can achieve formula where we can decide the number of tickings between a second.

$#VAR_1#==1?(#DWFS#-(interpAccel((#DNOW#-#VAR_1_T#),0,500,.5)(#DWFS#+90))):(270+interpDecel((#DNOW#-#VAR_1_T#),0,500,.5)(#DWFS#-270))$

(#DWFSS#-#DWFS#<3?#DWFS#:frowning:#DWFSS#+2))

*(#DWFS#+clamp(((#DWFSS#-#DWFS#)-2),0,1)6)
collected from some post

1 Like

A quirk of the forum is that the multiply symbol in expressions can be supressed if an expression is posted as normal text. One way to avoid this is to paste the expression on a clear line ( empty line above it ) using the preformatted text menu item at the top of the message edit window, the one with the “</>” icon. On a clear line, click on the icon and then type or paste in your expression over the top of the preformatted text.
Or just text that’s preceded by 4 spaces, like this

indent preformatted text by 4 spaces

Otherwise some of the stars * get caught in the formatting, hence why some of your expression is emphasized.

1 Like

The forum clipped some of your expression. Oddly enough when I “quoted” your expression for this reply the quote inside the left text box is the full quote. But the right hand preview box is clipping the * in some of the expression. Here is the full expression you posted in a way it won’t clip the * so others can copy & paste it.

(#DWFS#+0.45 * sin(clamp(#Dsm#-#Ds#,0,1) * 30) * (1-clamp((#Dsm#-#Ds#) * 3,0,1)))

For those who are going to try this, just remove the spaces before and after each * in the watch face. The Facer platform seems to like expressions without spaces. (it tends to see it as an actual space and can sometimes move text to the right just like hitting the space bar when typing)

3 Likes

Thanks!

2 Likes

Thanks a lot, they give character to my watches ! :grin:

2 Likes

Welcome to the Community Samy, where you’ll find absolutely loads to learn, and plenty of helpful people as well :wave:

2 Likes

When posting expressions you can use expression ( ` the key left of the 1) to prevent conversion to emoji.
Example:
(#DWFSS#-#DWFS#<3?#DWFS#:frowning:#DWFSS#+2))

(#DWFSS#-#DWFS#<3?#DWFS#:(#DWFSS#+2))

1 Like

Thank you ^^

1 Like

That makes a Seconds Hand keep jumping backwards :joy: :rofl: :joy:

1 Like

I just took it from an earlier post that I had seen the emoji in.

2 Likes

Any way I think it is supposed to be.

$(#DWFSS#-#DWFS#)<3?#DWFS#:(#DWFSS#+2)$

But strangely.

((#DWFSS#-#DWFS#)<3?#DWFS#:(#DWFSS#+2))

Actually works as well.?

All Good Fun