Fun with dsync and dnow!

I scoured the internet that would decode UNIX time to local time. I finally did it with this watch face. Please give this a good look, I spent some time on it. Thanks to @russellcresser for helping me with a sync across the pond :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I wonder when they are going to start Phasing in the New Timer . There will be Devices running both I Suppose for a couple of years . I think the Yearly 1 second adjustments were dropped in Preparation .

1 Like

Just came back from the future, it still works :joy:

2 Likes

Welcome Back. Glad you made it . I thought it was Some Time in 2035 you had to go to . You might have set a challenge there to video the Time Warp .

1 Like

Sorry but you have to explain what’s going on here - because I have no idea! - 5W’s please

2 Likes

GOOGLE " UNIX TIME " . It is the same as the #DNOW# Tag In Facer . If Like Zieneth you can translate it with Complex maths to the current t time. But because it is not cyclic you can also use it to work out what the Moon Phases are . Before the New Moon Phase Tags that is how it is worked out . Taking into account all the Leap years since the clock started . I recommend you looking at it . Also check out the real Voodoo #DSYNC# . I have been using #DNOW# a bit for smooth scrolling as #Dsm# is still Broken and I think Facer will not Fix it .
Just reading a bit myself a very rough calculation gives about 3 Billion ( English Billion ) years Run Time for the 64 bit timer proposed as a Replacement . The 2,147,483.648 of the 32 bit one could be subtracted without causing too much of an issue .
If you are still interested this is interesting . Carrying on from Revolutionary Time that did not take off.
Biel Mean Time (BMT) is another invention of Swatch . It is linked up to the Central European Winter/Standard time, which is UTC + 1 hour. When it is Midnight in BMT, the Internet Time is @000 beats, Noon is @500 beats.

3 Likes