Galactic HUD face

My latest face, had a lot of fun with it! Thanks to @petruuccios for the advice re: the moving bars at the top right :blush:

8 Likes

Great work, well done :+1:

2 Likes

Nicely done.
there are only two things I do not like that much.
-white texts in dim mode
-how the used font handles digit 1. it pretends to be of 7+ segments, but makes the texts to jump around due not fixed character width

2 Likes

Thanks! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you!
I had the same thoughts - I decided on the white dim mode because I’m not sure how visible the blue would be when the screen dimmed. I 100% agree about the need for fixed text width - I don’t really like the default LED options and couldn’t find a nice fixed width one that would suit :sweat_smile: I could separate the hours, mins, and seconds and have fixed colons in place, but then there would be a big gap between the numbers and colon when 1 appears.

2 Likes

Changed the dim mode as I appreciate community feedback :slight_smile:

And after a little dabbling and coding, I managed to convert the font to fixed width. Thanks for the motivation @petruuccios :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Great! I saw that initially that the digital time was moving around and was going to suggest to split the time into elements so that the “:” are in a fixed position. So looks a lot better now!

3 Likes

Just for the digits I like this one (for letters it is too technical - strictly 7 segments)
7-Segment display font (torinak.com)

2 Likes

Awesome thanks! :slight_smile: