Galaxy active 2 weather won't display

I can’t sync my weather. I can reinstall my watch and get weather updates for a day or so, but then the facer app stops displaying weather. My watch gives weather it’s just the face app that does not. Also the compass won’t display, ie. North, South, east, west. I have steps, calories, time, date, battery. Any ideas?

Facer and Samsung Active 2 and newer watches are having an issue of freezing that is listed in this pinned thread: [KNOWN ISSUE] Sporadic Facer freeze on Samsung smartwatches - Announcements / Misc. - FACER Community When you say “compass won’t display” I assume that you mean the wind direction as part of the weather. The true compass function in Facer is not available on any Samsung watch.

This morning I updated my facer app on my Galaxy watch and now the weather won’t display on any of my facer watchfaces. Its just blank. The time seems to be working ok (and for several days before this) but the weather is missing. Watch app 5.1.34.6 phone app 5.1.57_103001.phone tizen 4.0.0.7

Amy

DISCLAIMER: I’ve picked up this information from several different Facer Community posts, so this is just my overview of the issue.

First make sure you have all the permissions for Facer granted on both the watch and phone. You must have location turned on in both or the Facer watch app will not have any weather information.

Facer uses OpenWeather (https://openweathermap.org) for their weather source. OpenWeather does not use your “exact” location (no matter what your watch says) and just gives the region wide weather which can be different from where you are now.

You have to make sure your phone is not set to use power management (Adaptive Battery) where it closes “unused” background apps, or at least exempt the Facer app from it.

Next I’ve found that my weather updates more regularly if I open the Facer app 3 or 4 times during the day. There have been lots of times where I’ve looked at my watch and thought that the temperature was wrong, opened the Facer app, closed it and checked my watch and it be close to correct.

NOTE: I’m using a Galaxy S3 Frontier and an Active 2 watch for my daily carry. I also have a cheap TicWatch E that I use only for testing and it seems to have the same issue and cure.

These are my personal observations and are of course subjective: Your Mileage May Vary!

Hi @masslock.steve39
Me too i have had your issue, despite having location authorization enabled as in my watch (Galaxy Watch 3) as in my phone (Galaxy S20+).

I found out that if i upload on my watch a native face from Galaxy Store, and then i go back to Facer’s faces the temperature is displayed again correctly.
I hope this can help you too