Galaxy Watch 4 Compatible Issue

Hello all!

Recently I bought a galaxy watch 4 and I have noticed that the faces are not showing weather / accurate hearth rate and pixels are distorted.

Any of you having the same problem?

Best wishes

2 Likes

Welcome to the Community KeremCan, there’s lots of helpful people here and plenty to learn, so I guess someone will be here soon to help you with your problem. In the meantime, have you tried a simple reboot of your Watch? That works sometimes I’ve recently heard.

I’m having the same issues with mine. ive tried restarting the watch, uninstalling facer and reinstalling.
I’ve even uninstalled and reinstalled on my connected phone.
I’ve tried many different watch faces thinking it might be a glitch on some of them but no success.
but if install a face from the play store that one works just fine

1 Like

There’s a known issue about health data, but weather should work fine I think in GW4. As for distorted pixels, I don’t have a GW but I remember there was a graphics setting somewhere on my old Frontier, and if it wasn’t set to “high” most 3rd party watch faces looked really distorted. Worth checking into maybe.

1 Like

Weather hasn’t been working on gw4.
It’s posted in several other forums.
When I first installed facer on my watch I had the weather on the screen but I noticed it never updated. After I Uninstalled and reinstalled not our doesn’t display any weather

1 Like

I am in the same boat with you.

I have a Samsung Galaxy Watch 4. My current Facer watch-face is SF Hydra. The weather module seems to be in sync, but the steps has me in doubt. I noted the following stats as found on my hardware when I compared them at the same time:

Samsung Health App: 13995 steps
Google Fit: 12870 steps
Reported on my Facer Watch-Face (SF Hydra): 12232 steps

It is the lack of cohesion that troubles me.

1 Like

Welcome to the Community @alligoodw :wave:

I have both a Fossil gen 5 and a Galaxy watch 1 and an S3 Frontier. On both watches if I wear one on each wrist the Fossil will end up with almost double the steps that the Samsung watch has. On both my Samsungs with the Facer app running, it will become unstable and if I check the time after a few hours. Then Facer restarts before showing me the time. On my Fossil the battery runs down faster than it does with Fossil watch faces. Facer is close to being a great watch face app, but it still has several shortcomings. This is just my opinion, your mileage may vary! :laughing:

1 Like

I have the same problem with mine galaxy watch 4!:unamused:

1 Like

Welcome to the Community @dragoreca
Give it time and I’m sure all these little “niggles” be be sorted out :slightly_smiling_face:

I just bought a watch 4 classic today. I’m going to return it TOMORROW.
The fonts are distorted, some numbers cut off at the top and/or bottom and there are white vertical lines that appear here and there within fonts. Also the sunrise and sunset data are totally wrong with what is on my creator and what shows up on my old Active 2 is the same as mt creator. I did the watch updates and restarted the watch and all is the same - not good. Weather on mine seems accurate.

1 Like

That’s bad news, but maybe it was just a faulty watch: possibly exchanging it for a new one might solve the issue, or there is the option of getting the normal GW4, I don’t have any problems with mine.

1 Like

@thomasfmal
I have to agree with Gizmo, exchange it for another GW4 or GW4 Classic. I have both and are great watches. I had bought a Galaxy Active 2 when they first come out and when I got it there was a dead spot on the screen in the lower right that stayed black all the time. It was “very” noticeable. I contacted Samsung in an email and sent them a picture of the face. They immediately sent me a replacement.

1 Like

@icrltd4 @mrantisocialguy
So I decided to try Watchmaker faces on it. I used to do a lot of faces on that app before joining Facer. The quality on Watchmaker is crystal clear and there are no bugs with any of the tags and sunrise and sunset are perfect. There is something very odd going on here.
I may keep the watch since I like it so much and just use my watchmaker faces on it. I can use my old watch to test my Facer designs on. This is not good since new people trying Facer would get turned off by the quality right away. I wonder how often this has happened.

Since I don’t use Watchmaker I can’t compare it to Facer. But I can compare Facer to the Samsung/WearOS faces that came with the GW4 watches. Both are just as sharp and colorful on both my GW4 & 4 Classic. Not sure what could be causing your problem with Facer watch faces. You might consider contacting @Facer_Official at: https://help.facer.io/hc/en-us/requests/new or email them at: facer-support@little-labs.com and let them know about the issue you are having. Since it is a new watch and operating system I’m sure they would be interested in any issues that might be surfacing.

1 Like

Just sent in a report. Thanks

2 Likes

I think I might have a similar issue but not exactly. I have a galaxy watch 4 and an active. I just finished designing a new watch face that has the time displayed black with a white stroke. I was using my active 2 while designing the face and it works fine on it. I tried the new face on the GW4 and the stroke is misaligned.

does anyone know what could be happening here?

From what I have read here around, I think it is still happening what was happening a lot in the past.
The unpredictable glitches on text effects of facer faces. They tend to work until they fail on tizen and they tend to show various quirks on wearOS. Its one of the cosmetic flaws of facer, that spoils the fun of using all its features as intended.

2 Likes

The WearOS incompatibility with the “stroke” and “glow” text effects are well known on Facer. If you need to highlight text in Facer its best to just “shadow” your text with a second layer of a different color offset two or three pixels to the side and down. WearOS and Tizen both work fine with that system. The picture of the watch face I made below uses that along with a hollow and solid versions of the same text. That way I can make the outline, the shadow, and the highlights all using layers and different text. The bad thing is there are very few fonts that has an outline and a solid version of the same text that work well together like that.

MAG1377-preview-round

3 Likes