Galaxy Watch 4 one hour behind phone time after installing Facer

Hello,
I am new here. My Galaxy watch 4 was working always fine and after installing facer and some new faces from time to time I am finding the watch time behind exactly 1 hour. I have checked the general section, phone setings. It is in auto it is displaying the correct time and zone. I have turned off auto sync to my provider network wait some time turn it on again. And I can see from my watch face at the moment it gets corrected the Facer logo shows for a split second and a second later time being correctlly display. Again this was not seen before installing Facer and the companion.
Both phone and watch are running latest versions of software, etc. Have anyone seing this behavior? Thanks

2 Likes

Welcome to the Community @kp4te.ar
You’ll find lots to learn here and plenty of friendly/helpful members as well, some who also have the newer Samsung Galaxy Watch 4, so I’m sure they may be able to assist you with your issue. All I could suggest would be to try restarting both your Phone and Watch, as that quite often rectifies any little glitches, other than that I cannot help sorry.
I wish you the best of luck solving this, and hope you have fun here on the Community :smiley:

1 Like

Wow, that’s an odd one. By any chance would you have your watch paired to a Motorola phone? I use a Moto X gen 4 phone and a Fossil Carlyle as my watch face testing set up. I have seen a similar thing happen with it. But it was both the watch and phone that was the wrong time by exactly an hour off. I had to turn off the auto time mode, set the phone to the correct time then turn on auto again. This happened two or three times and then it quit all by itself.

I personally have 2 Galaxy 4 watches a regular and a classic. I’ve not had any issues with either of them, but they are paired with a Galaxy S10e. When all else fails treat them like a computer and reboot them.

1 Like

2 GW4s…extravagant bugga :joy:

Well, it works out like this. I gave my Fossil Q Explorist watch to my granddaughter for her birthday. My Gear S3 Frontier does not function well with Facer anymore and I’ve noticed the batter life is starting to drop off. I’m lucky to get two days out of the battery now. (My Galaxy 1st gen goes 5 days) Plus I’ve been using my Galaxy 4 Classic every night checking my blood oxygen with it. So, I figured I would get the standard Galaxy 4 watch to wear sleeping and monitoring my O2 levels. (plus it’s lots lighter than the classic) And besides all that I’m just going with what an auctioneer friend of mine does during his auctions. If someone is hesitant to bid more, he just looks right at them and says, “Go ahead, it’s only money”! :rofl:

1 Like

No it is with a Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra all updated and I turned off time update via the network and it did no change. The time was chaned back 1 hour. I have to manually go to time and look to it and seconds later gets fixed. The phone time is correct only the watch changes time. Thanks.

1 Like

Thanks for the tip. I will try it and thanks for your greetings and welcome. Best regards!

1 Like

Well I found the probkem solution. This watch has to be set up directly, zone time etc has to be set independl y from the phone. Then will work fine. My firmer model took and set what the phone has and never changed settings. This one is different. Thanks for all answers and help!
Thanks

2 Likes

Glad you got it sorted, and this info will help anyone else who experiences the same problem, so thank YOU as well somar :+1:

Thank you for that update. I’ll make a note of it just in case one of my G4s starts having that problem.

1 Like