Galaxy Watch 5 most of the complications don't refresh

mrantisocialguy

can you please try any of my watchfaces with complications, I would like to know if external complications work on watch 5.
Please set complication(s) to any third party complication like calendar, google fit stats, weather, feels like temp or anything else.

Here is one with two complications,
the upper one is short text complication and the one on the bottom is round complicaton. Set them to anything, just to see if external complications work on watch 5. When I’m using it I set the upper one to Calendar and the bottom one to heartrate complication by Amoledwatchfaces.

markaccardi has some strange problems, I cannot figure out what’s going on.

Also, can you compare old rotating bazel to new touch bazel on watch 5?
How does the new one feels?

markaccardi

do you have “Heartrate complication” enabled?

Also, for any app/complication you want to work all the time, you have to disable battery savings/put to sleep.
On phone:
long press app icon (on home screen)
tap i (info) in upper right corner
tap battery
set to Unrestricted
(don’t worry, apps like that burn maybe 0.001% of battery)

In Galaxy wearable app on phone:
watch settings
apps
heartrate complication
allow background activity - set to ON

Otherwise the app/complication will be put to sleep after some time and it will not work.
Same goes for, let’s say, Health Sync app (bridge between Samsung Health and Google Fit or other health apps).

I can’t sync your faces because I’m a free user. I have never bought the premium upgrade. The only premium faces I can sync are my own. I still like the old rotating bezel better than the touch version, but they have improved the touch one a lot. It still works a little too fast for my liking but on the pro model the bezel is a nice guide for your finger, so it makes it better.

1 Like

I reinstalled facer on my watch and installed your face above, I was able to select complications this time around, but they did NOT appear on the face when I was done.
I also tried to puck complications through the WEAR app on the phone and that just calls up the face app on my phone when I tap customize. Pretty annoying

The amoled app is enabled and works fine, my only issue is that I can’t select “Short Text” as a layout so it always shows up in the xxxBPM format on my faces. I’d prefer just the value without the “BPM” on most of my designs.

mrantisocialguy

yes, sorry about that. I’m also not a premium user but, of course, I can sync my own watchfaces. So I totally forgot about that.

I still think switching to watch5 only because of bigger battery is too expensive.
Somewhere on this forum you once said you’ll wait for black friday and I think I’ll do that: wait for some discount or sale. Or I’ll just wait for watch 6.

markaccardi

yes, it always shows BPM next to the heartrate, it is a bit annoying.
I’ll try to contact amoledwatchfaces to see if they can do something about it.
We’ve already been in contact, they are OK, open to suggestions.

I was going to, but Samsung had a deal where I could trade my GW4 base model in and get $180 USD trade-in with it. That is 72% of what I gave new for the watch. Plus, after already having the GW4 Classic, I never really warmed up to the base model. It always felt “cheap” compared to the Classic.

1 Like

I bought mine over the Labor Day weekend, Samsung had a bundle deal with the Fold 4 and GW5 Pro. They gave me $850 trade in on my S21Ultra so I ended up getting the Fold 4 512Gb and the GW5 Pro for just under $1200 delivered, I only paid $800 for the
ultra with the phone I traded in a year ago, so it seemed like great deal, and I got to keep my GW3 in the process.

2 Likes

So both of you had good deals. Kudos!

When I bought S21 FE, sometime this spring, I received GW4 basic for free.
But my niece wanted it so I gave it to her for the same price I paid: nothing. :laughing:

So now I have to wait for a new good deal.

Samsung has them on sale right now. The Classic 46 mm is $329 and the 42mm is $299. If you want a plain GW4 the 44mm is $249 and the 40mm is $199. But I’m sure there will be some good Black Friday sales on all four of those and maybe the GW5 & 5 Pro also.

1 Like

I canceled my premium membership as well. Watch faces from Samsung don’t have this issue. Heart rate shows in real time. It’s clearly something that can be fixed. Facer just doesn’t seem willing to put in the effort. Such a shame.

1 Like

All the faces I have created show real time HR.
I only have Tizen OS on my Galaxy 46mm so I can’t speak to
later versions of watch/software.
On Tizen, make sure you go to HR app first, Tap to bring
up Settings and then tap “Measure Continuously”
Live HR! Boom.

It has been how many months since GW5 was released and complications are still not updating. What’s the deal, Facer?

Hmmm, everything works on my watch5…

What is bothering you? What doesn’t work?

Working: date, time, moon phase, dow, woy, steps, phone/watch battery
Not working: sunrise, sunset, temperature, humidity, wind speed, bpm
Watch face: G7 Digital Fitness Infos i3

I should add that I have rebooted, uninstalled, installed on both the watch and phone several times. No change.

OK, my first “dumb” question. Do you have location turned on in both your phone and watch? Second dumb question, does Facer have permission to access your location? If you cannot answer yes to both questions you have found your issue. If you have that all set (and you have checked because sometimes updates will change your permissions) Is your watch operating software up to date, and also the Facer app?

3 Likes

Not a dumb question, but I would have been dumb if I hadn’t already checked permissions on my phone and my watch several times over the last 5 months while waiting for a solution. Waiting for the next one.

As for being up to date, I already said that I have uninstalled and reinstalled the software several times. If I were able to fix this problem myself, it would already be fixed. The best I can tell, this is a Facer problem.

That’s what is confusing me. I have two GW5 Pro watches both are up to date with Samsung and Facer. I am not having any issues with weather or health information updating regularly. At this point your best option is to contact the Facer Support staff and be prepared to give them a lot of information about your watch os version and the Facer version along with a detailed explanation of your problem. It might take them a little time to get back with you but they will help. You can submit a help ticket at: https://help.facer.io/hc/en-us/requests/new .

1 Like

Since everyone was having success, I went through all of the settings, again. The Facer app on the watch and phone had location permissions. The phone had location turned on, because I use Google maps. @mrantisocialguy hit the nail on the head. The location service on the watch was somehow turned off, possibly after an update. I turned it on, and complications are back to normal. Thank you for walking me through everything one more time.

4 Likes