Galaxy Watch 6 classic

I have noticed that my new watch is disconnecting from my phone a Pixel 7 pro, and goes in to a OAD mode by it self, and it have to be restarted manually. The Facer app seems to restart very slow also. This happens even with my watch close to phone. I did not have any problems with this with my galaxy watch 4 classic. I will install another watch for a while (not from Facer) just to rule out any problems with Facer.

1 Like

Looks like there is nothing wrong with Facer and my galaxy 6 classic. I am not sure, but I think it has something to do with the wear OS, time will tell.

Now my watch is disconnecting from the phone at night when it goes in to sleep modus. So the sleep function is not counting the hours I sleep. Maybe it’s best to turn off this function for now.

The problem with steps is still there. Sometimes it shows and sometimes it don’t, only shows zero. So I have no idea what it can be that causes this problem. It worked for some time though.

Hope things will fall into place eventually.

And the problem continues, I see there are no solution to this problem yet. I will for the last time try another watch face not a Facer, but on from Samsung.

I try this just for this night and see how it goes.

3 Likes

You are not alone. I’m also on a Galaxy 6 Classic with a Pixel phone. I’ve noticed that when my watch boots, Facer will come up without access to sensors. I usually switch to a stock Samsung face for a few seconds and then back to Facer before it picks up steps, heart rate, etc. from the watch.

2 Likes

My tests for getting my galaxy watch 6 classic to work properly has failed and I about give up. I have tried everything, but nothing seems to work, the steps and the sleep mode on the watch is not working like it should. The sleep mode (do not disturb) disconnect the watch every time I use it, even the permission for bypassing this is given. And problem with steps is still there.
So for now I leave this subject. Very disappointing that you hear nothing from Facer about this problem, somebody must know about this issues people have. Maybe it has something to do with Google, Samsung or Facer, just want to know.

1 Like

@g.orloff . Sadly when there are significant updates we have to perform silly tricks to get things to work properly . I have no help to offer on Sleep mode . I use do not disturb which as far as I know is OK . I have a GW4 Classic but took the UI5 update a few days ago . So I have two problems . No steps and Constant HR sensor ( green Led that warms the wrist ) . My trick is to open a Native Face ( Samsung ) then go back to the Facer Face and Do a two Button Reboot . I have actually reset my watc to try and Fixe it . So I can tell you That did not make any difference . I actually think it is more a Samsung face Problem . They have changed the rules about HR Data so I think ther is a little conflict there . There ar many On Facer who have been through lots of changes . It is getting Better . Please stick with it and Bring us Good news one day .
In the mean time make yourself a face with no HR or Steps on . Mine has become my new Favourite . Saves Power too .

1 Like

Two days ago new update for phone rolled out, UI 5.1

After updating my phone all problems I had with watch were solved.
Try it, maybe it will work for watch 6 as well.

2 Likes

I don’t have a Samsung phone, I have a Pixel 7 Pro. There are no updates on this phone yet, but thank you anyway.

2 Likes

russellcresser how about you? Have you upgraded? Problems solved or not?

1 Like

Sorry I should have got back before . Yes I did get One UI5 . I am using WFS Faces on my watch that have no HR reading on them and taken Facer of my watch . It is a struggle to get Steps and get the HR LED to switch off . Could be jus my Watch . I have tried to do a Clean Install but that seems impossible. I will wait for the next Update .

I think we all need to wait until there will be an update on this issues, it is not productive at all to try anymore for now.

1 Like

I don’t know if I made myself clear.

I’m not talking about UI 5 watch update.

I’m talking about UI 5.1 Samsung PHONE update.
When I updated PHONE all problems with watch were gone.

1 Like

Hey . Sorry . I am having a struggle with it all . I must check an see if the phone is updated yet . Great to get some good news . Thanks .

1 Like

I have that issue sometimes with my GW 5 Pro. I’ve found that if I unhook my watchband and pull the watch away from my wrist for a couple seconds, the LED switches off and doesn’t restart. You might give that a try and see if it helps.

1 Like

Yeah good call . On a WFS face that is 40 seconds . I often feel if you take it off your wrist it is looking for the pulse and stays on . It has settled down a lot on my watch for now .

When it happens to me the most is after I wake up and am in the bathroom doing the normal early morning routine and I notice both the red and green LEDs flashing. Probably because the watch thinks I’m still in bed asleep. :grin:

2 Likes

I guess Marvin is looking for you, wondering where have you gone? :grinning:

1 Like