Galaxy watch 6-steps not working

Hey That is Great News . Perhaps the result of the Update that happened here in the UK at 3:29AM for me . I went for the Companion App Reinstall . But that is just Me .

1 Like

How do I give permissions on the Facer app on the watch (I have a GW 6 Classic). I don’t see the above settings. Thanks.

1 Like

I only wear my watch on work days, and unfortunately I’m back to zero steps syncing today…Sigh
What is the companion app?

2 Likes

The Facer Companion App is the One in the Facer App on your phone . It will clear you Faces . I do that Regularly . There have been quite a few recently .

2 Likes

I have the watch 4 and everytime i turn the phone off at night, the step counter stops working. I have to uninstall and install for it to work again. I think Facer messed up on their latest update. Grrrrrrr

1 Like

Try rebooting your watch instead. I have a similar problem with exercise/heartrate, which I use for 30 min every day. After a few days it just stops working. But rebooting the watch brings it back OK. This tells me some piece of software in the watch has a memory leak, so a reboot will clear that and start over.

1 Like

Yes . Well done @birkb . A reboot is a good Idea . I do mine regularly . I keep down the number of Faces I have on my watch . Store and Facer Faces . When my HR or Steps is obviously stuck I swap to a Non Facer Face and Back . That kick starts the Data collection .

Current solution is to set any native/original Samsung’s watchface and then switch back to Facer.
Steps will start working. You don’t have to install/uninstall anything.

1 Like

Yeah . The reboot does not involve Uninstalling / Installing anything . Two button Reboot is enough most times . I do a Cache Clearing ( Samsung ) now and again. I don’t want to share that Publicly in case someone Bricks their Watch . If any one wants it DM me .

1 Like