Galaxy Watch step counter

Yes, some features (maybe many) work only with Samsung phone.

Almost everything I have is made by Samsung and it’s fantastic ecosystem.
TV, soundbar, phone, watch… all work like symphony orchestra.

5 Likes

@soccer4her Too many Faces on your watch . Run out of memory . Clear some off .

1 Like

Turning off your watch and turning back on again is a restart. The time it is off in between does not really matter. One minute is as good as 8 hours.

3 Likes

That’s great. I had a Galaxy Flip 3 for a while and really liked it. My Fitbit Sense was still working at the time. I gave the Galaxy to hubs and he loves it - don’t think he’ll give it back :grinning:

3 Likes

I finally received the Facer update. As expected, it didn’t solve the step counter problem. Supposedly, the Pixel Watch gets a feature update in December. Maybe???

At least there are the customizable complications that do work, sort of. But then everything is premium. Phooey!

2 Likes

I just got the GW 6 Classic watch update from Samsung. (Not a Facer update.) And my step count is now fixed on it. But it is still broken on my GW 5 Pro, but it hasn’t gotten a watch update for a while. Just updates from Facer which did not fix the step issue. Which proves to me it’s a WearOS issue and not a Facer issue. Hopefully Google will update the WearOS software on your watch soon and have the problem fixed. :crossed_fingers: Fingers Crossed! :grin:

6 Likes

Oh yes, it definitely is Wear OS. One user did tell me that the problem is fixed on his Pixel Watch 2. It’s just that this one still works and it seems foolish to buy a new one now. I should at least wait until the battery quits holding a charge.

As I said, there’s a feature update due in December (of course, when in December who knows?) - so maybe then.

4 Likes

Hi @revmarcia558
You say “it seems foolish to buy a new one now”. Not if you buy a GW. :wink: Sorry, a small joke.
Jokes apart i doubt to be Samsung addicted, just as @masterboyhr .
Watches/TV/Air Conditioners/ PC Monitor/Phone. All of this stuff is Samsung so…I might be biased. :joy:

4 Likes

Don’t feel bad, my wife and I both have Samsung phones, I have 4 Samsung watches and a Samsung refrigerator.

5 Likes

Yeah, I get it. I’m just Fitbit addicted and since Google devoured my fav fitness ecosystem, I’m just trying not to have to buy a new phone as well as a new watch and I understand that to get the best out of the Galaxy watch, one needs a Samsung phone. I’m also furious with Verizon and their stupid promotions, so the next watch and phone purchases will be straight out and NOT from Verizon.

4 Likes

I’m lucky on that score. My wife is on her daughters Verizon account, and I used to be, but she went unlimited data, and my part was going to cost way more, and I don’t use much data at all. I now have a Verizon pre-paid account with 15gb of data for only $35 USD before taxes and fees. And the best part is Verizon doesn’t bother me with promotions to upgrade or any “special” deals they might have. :grin:

3 Likes

Well, they don’t really bother us. But Hubs worked for them 45 years so there’s the loyalty thing. Although, having been retired 10 years now, he’s about done with that. What’s upsetting is that my “free” watch (promotion with new phone) is a 3-year “contract.” So, it would cost a small fortune to get rid of it now.

2 Likes

That’s another reason I like prepay. I also only buy unlocked phones so if I decide on a whim to change, I can.

3 Likes

:wink: Then I’m in good company

2 Likes

@revmarcia558 good morning
Even in Italy, unfortunately, telephone companies offer you the phone “as a gift” and I too, years ago, fell into the trap. One fine day, however, I realized that the “gift” was not a gift. As you say, I was tied to a 3 year contract and canceling it early cost a fortune. Obviously if I had chosen a contract without a telephone I would have spent much, much less. So no “gift”.
Moral? As soon as the contract expired I sent them to hell!!
Now I have a company, Iliad, which for €7.99 a month gives me unlimited calls in the EU + a certain number of calls outside the EU + 50 Giga of internet. If I wanted 100 GB I would spend €10 a month. I don’t care because I don’t even use up the 50 I currently have available. :wink:
Have a nice day

2 Likes

I always thought it’s cheaper in the US. You have very expensive plan!

Here in Croatia, similar as in Italy as diavo says, I’m paying about 50 Euros (all taxes included) for:

• 2 mobile lines with unlimited data and calls (5G speed)
  • 1 land line
  • unlimited super fast internet for computers and watching TV

I’m surprised it’s more costly in the US.

3 Likes

It’s a racket, but what’s a person to do. I really don’t want to go back to the stone age and communicate using drums and fire.

4 Likes

LOL

Nothing can beat the old squeaky modem.

4 Likes

Ha Ha . Dial up. Brilliant .

2 Likes

Hmm - I remember those! Problem these days is that i don’t have landline anymore. The sound of the modem polling, connecting and downloading will remain etched i to my brain forever. What did it soundlike - screeching perhaps. The best i heard was it sounds like a cat with a sore throat on heat in the middle of the night :smiley:

3 Likes