Galaxy Watch step counter

I don’t know why, but since yesterday the step counting is working. By turning on the watch on a Facer watch face, the step counter starts immediately in the correct way.
It seems that there is no longer any need to load a Samsung watch face and go back to Facer. It was time, let’s hope it lasts.
I thought this might be of interest to the Community.
A good day to all

7 Likes

Bless . Let’s hope it is working on the Pixel / Google Watches . Thanks for that .

4 Likes

You are welcome Russel

2 Likes

I don’t know if you had one, but my watch updated Facer yesterday. I haven’t bothered to check to see if it’s working correctly yet.

3 Likes

That’s wonderful - my original Pixel is still not doing steps past 999. However, I’ll look to see if there’s a Facer update not installed yet. Hope springs eternal. All congrats and blessings to you Samsung folks who don’t have to be frustrated any more.

3 Likes

No, it isn’t - not yet. I just put my customizable comp back on. My last Facer update was 11/17. Since they all “slow-roll” these things, maybe it’s coming.

2 Likes

Hi @mrantisocialguy
Yes i have had an update 2 days ago.
I noticed working steps by pure chance this morning

3 Likes

Hopefully it is fixed and we won’t have to worry about it any more.

3 Likes

Hi @mrantisocialguy
Yes, me too i hope that the thing is fixed once and for all. By the way, your mention of the Facer update reminded me that I also had a GW6 firmware update earlier this week. I don’t know if it could have anything to do with it. The update notes only talked about stability and security improvements.

3 Likes

Nope.

Watch 5 pro: still have to set Samsung’s watchface and then Facer again for steps to start working.

3 Likes

Hi @masterboyhr
I have checked just now and you are right. Neither my 5Pro works correctly. The only difference is that 6 has had a firmware update, as i told, 5Pro has not yet received that update.
Strange, because they use the same version of WOS and Samsung UI.
I think the update will arrive in the next days. May be that they proceed in batches

4 Likes

Yes, Samsung does not send out the same update to everyone at the same time. Usually in the order of Korea, USA, Europe and then the rest of the world in steps. They also send out updates by newest device first then older devices in steps. I have the 6 Classic and the 5 Pro also and that is how I got updates for them as well.

3 Likes

I am so happy for the Samsung folks. However, I believe that the step counter problem on Samsung watches has different roots than the one on Pixel Watches. I’m glad yours is fixed. I’m not sure mine will ever be. My original Pixel is fine and still holds battery charge nicely, so I’m reluctant to buy a Pixel 2 (where I think maybe this is solved - at least one user tells me it is), until this one doesn’t work any more.

4 Likes

revmarcia558 you’ll have to join us and switch to Samsung. :upside_down_face:

200w

3 Likes

Let us see if the Facer Watch update fixes anthing . I have started a Power Usage test . After te Reboot I had to go Native and back to get my steps reading . I know that is not the Issue @revmarcia558 has but Fingers crossed .
Screenshot_20231124_080447_facerrel

1 Like

Believe me, it’s very tempting. I only stay with the Pixel line because I’ve been part of the Fitbit ecosystem for fitness tracking for over a decade and really like it. I’m just not sure about Samsung Health - also, don’t you need a Samsung phone to get the most out of that? My phone is a Pixel 7 Pro.

2 Likes

Samsung and Pixel / Google got Married . I am sure their offspring will inherit all the Positive Attributes of the Parents. Both are Android system Phones . You would think that is not the issue .

2 Likes

All of a sudden my Samsung does not work with Facer! I uninstalled it and evdn reset it. The strp counter doesnt work, the time, the battery power, does not show. I just get a blank picture! What the heck? Do i need a new app?

2 Likes

Switch to a stock Samsung watchface then back to Facer and it should kickstart the step counter to work again. It seems to happen every time you restart your watch.

2 Likes

Hi @mrantisocialguy
What do you mean by “Restart the Watch?”. A Reboot? A full factory reset? I turn off the watch every evening and turn it back on in the morning, but after updating Facer and the FW of the watch I no longer have the steps problem. Is it possible that i’m the only one? Will I have a haunted watch? :joy:

2 Likes