GalaxyWatch 6 classic heartrate

Just wondering - has anyone been able to get heartrate to work on a Galaxy 6? Mine’s stuck on 99 or 0 if I power the watch off and on. But I am definitely still alive. For now.

2 Likes

I’am very happy that you’re still alive :rofl:

2 Likes

Ok . There are two answers . One is short the other is long .

1 / Swap to another Facer Face on your watch and then back to the one we are talking about . Sometimes that wakes up the sensor .

2 / Facer , Google and Samsung are working hard to get FDA approval for the HR Readings . The issue is that the sensor has to be on Continuously . You mat see the sensor if you peek under your watch but don’t take it off your wrist . Some people have reported getting their Skin burned buy the sensor . It is not supposed to be ON continuously it is supposed to Strobe at roughly 12 HZ . You may see it flashing with the Naked EYE . If it was " ON " all the time the drain is quite significant . So What they call Continuous is actually Regularly checking . Thus saving Battery . So you may Peek and it is off and it may be on .
So if this is not happening you have to reinstall the Companion app from the Facer setting on the Phone app . Uninstall it from your watch and start again . So when it is setting itself up on your watch Pay attention to the permissions needed . When it comes to the Health sensors select Continuous .
Let us know how you get on .

1 Like

very interesting info Russell - thanks. I do understand what you said.

I’ve done #1 but it is no help.

About #2: I use the Running app every day for about 30 min. It tracks my heart rate, distance, and speed continuously during that time. I check HR frequently and it seems to be always correct. I’ve never felt anything on my wrist so I’m not fearful of the watch measuring heartrate. I do question people who say they got skin burns from the watch. But I am aware that there are loons all over the place.

I’ll see about reinstalling the Companion app and reloading my Facer faces.

To quote the (in)famous Ralph Cramden: “What a revolting development this is.”

1 Like

I was keen to make a Watchface for myself . I have spent some time Learning how Facer works best on my watch . There have been many improvements to Facer over the last 3 years . I have reproduced the Face on WFS as far as I can . I keep coming back to my Facer version be cause of how the Data Back works and the Ability to have Sunrise and Sunset data on the Display Face . Yes it needs a bit of Learning to get it working Well . There are no flaws on my Face these days . I have the Health and Weather Data I want with no problems . I reboot my watch regularly . Keep very few Faces on it . Often one Facer and one WFS . I often Reinstall the Companion App if I think the Watch Update might have significant changes . ENJOY .

Well,I used the WFS Studio predecessor (whatever it was called) to make my first face and I was totally disgusted with the complexity of getting all the support files, approvals, passwords, etc. required to actually get it published. So after discovering Facer I vowed to never go back to the Samsung firmware, regardless of what it is called.

It would be nice if Little Labs provided information about any updates they make. I’m still considering making a trip up to Venice and seeing if there is a human there I can talk to.

1 Like

Hey please Give my regard to all at Venice Beach . Thier Lat , Lon gets a position in a Under a Bridge over a Canal . Fortunately the Colab I am in Has a Wizard who publishes our work . Yes Google have recently Launched a New restriction . You have to have 20 Beta testers for a face before you can publish it . I think they are trying to say the do not want any more Ground Floor Applicants . I bet you anything that will not prevent Shoe ins For High Fliers from other Platforms .
Yes we have to Respect Facer for Marinating an Open Platform . The drawback of that is that some will Abuse it and the " Office " is Extraordinarily Busy ( try contacting the Google Office ) . If you are interested in Meeting some of the Formative Partners I recommend you go on SLACK . I am quite certain if you get down to the Beach you will actually be welcomed . Please keep us up to date with that Project . I will welcome a PM .

1 Like

I think you had the wrong location for Little Labs. Their address is 1600 Main Street,Venice, CA 90291, US:

There is another Little Labs outfit in LA that makes audio equipment - I think they are the one’s who address you found. Our Little Labs can be found here:

Facer | LinkedIn

It’s confusing for sure.

Venice beach is not like real Venice - the canals are small and the bridges over them are not arched. (It’s California, so cars reign supreme.) There is only about 2 feet of space between the top of a canal and the bottom of a bridge. The only things that use the canals for navigation have webbed feet.

1 Like

Ha Ha. This Topic is Fun. I am not on my Laptop right now. Thanks for the Address. The chords come from Facer Creator when you test LAT LNG. As with the Weather Data . I would not be surprised if they are actually off a bit. I will check them against the address. MY Lat Lng from Facer is out a bit. Actually my neighbours house. So when they send the Missiles for me they will miss.

1 Like

I am thinking Littler Labs could get someone to make a Smarter 3D Model of thier Office .