Gears and Crankshaft Movement MASTER CLASS

I like gearwheels and the watch below includes them but I struggled with being able to make the movement of the crank. I searched the community and found some watchfaces that I had hoped would provide expressions that would give me a clue, however, those that might have helped, the faces had been removed by the author, or, were uninspectable. Only clue I found was from @dazstacey here - Rebuild of face i made ages ago - #6 by dazstacey I tried applying his expressions to a shape on my test watchface but nothing happens, so I’m left with trying to understand whats going on and I am afraid I have no idea. I need a trigonomagician to tell me what the expressions mean so that I can figure out what I need to do. Any help will be appreciated. My watchface below is actually ready for publication (after duplication) but only because I used an animation for the crank. So success but no cigar! :smiley:
Bielitz - BLZ-05 Steam Powered - watch face for Apple Watch, Samsung Gear S3, Huawei Watch, and more - Facer

2 Likes

Hi this is probably the best face to look at as to how i created the crank arm

i have enabled inspection for you ok

6 Likes

I am going to stick my Oar in and Bookmark this topic . I had the Help of Zieneth Starr @Zieneth . The maths involved is Quite Beyond me .

I was hoping to do a Geneva drive with maths but had to fall Back to Sequences . Just such a bitch to sync .

5 Likes

Great to see you back Daz mate, and I hope all is well and good with you?

1 Like

Yeah been away teaching myself new stuff lol. I do keep an eye on the comments on here and any requests unanswered i would jump in. i can now build 3d games in unreal from scratch and create 3d graphics so been learning loads lol.

2 Likes

I will do a full explanation for you all in the next few days with simple examples ok it seems a lot harder than it actually is

2 Likes

incidentally this is a face i made with the full piston movement but i bet no one ever noticed it lol

4 Likes

I hope I pasted this right lol.
The code is pretty easy to change with what I have.
Take a look and see what you think.

3 Likes

I showed your face to some of my friends in the oilfield, and they were amazed. What a great piece of art you created @dazstacey :clap:

1 Like

No I missed that one. If I had come up witthe code to have a running radial engine Live I would have had it a bit bigger. Great work.

That is Amazing. I will try wrap my head round that later.

1 Like

Thanks Daz your help will be very appreciated by many I’m sure and by me in particular.

2 Likes

Truly cool stuff. I just have not found the time to deep dive into it. It all seems logical though. Thanks for sharing…

1 Like

Hi Russel, did you actually made it? What did you want it for?
It bugged me as unsolved challenge, so I had to find a way on the internet :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Ha . Amazing . That is stunning Peter . I am beginning to, learn that this level of work is quite beyond me . I will use the Maths with your permission . I was looking a Box Breathing Timers at the time and was interested in a different background Gadget from Tourbillons. Thank you so very much indeed for Accomplishing that .

1 Like

Gears fascinate me, and I came across a bi-direction gear setup which I’ve been playing with. I did not manage to put a formula into one gear, so the bottom gear has actually 3 elements, and hidden, depending on condition.
No clue what I’m going to do with it, but I just love it…

10 Likes

I love it when the gears actually Mesh . Jolly well done . I love those mechanism Vids on YT . The rendering alone is Eye Watering . Just needs a Battery Gauge I think .

1 Like

second project…

5 Likes

I am looming at aHarmonic Drive at the moment. Not going well. It is very no liner.

Oh yeah, elliptic rotation…, that sounds like a challenge…

1 Like