Getting rid of "Powered by Facer" message?

When I select a standard Wear OS watchface it immediately switches to it. But when I activate a Facer watchface, I get the “Powered by Facer” message first before it switches. How can we get rid of this message?

I know it’s only a few seconds, but it’s also very annoying as it’s essentially an advert and I hate adverts. Does upgrading on the Facer mobile app to Facer Plus get rid of this advert? The text says “Ad free” as one of the benefits. So would Facer Plus get rid of the “Powered by Facer” message?

I’m new to Facer so please excuse my naivety if this has been asked before. (My search didn’t show anything.)

Thanks for your help.

That’s just the load splash screen. It’s not a advertisement and you should be able to just tap to clear it. It appears just for a couple of seconds when loading or switching a Facer-designed face. In reality, it serves the same purpose as this:

Or this:

Or this:

Or this:

Or this:

1 Like

Never mind. I found alternative watchface apps on Google Play that don’t egotistically push their logos at you, and do exactly the same job as Facer, so I’ve found my solution. :+1:

copy that. good luck to you.

1 Like

I also don’t like this. Watchmaker just loads the watch and doesnt promote while it’s bringing the new face on the watch. As a premium member I would expect an option to turn that off. If I switch from a non facer face to facer then the splash screen makes some sense but just changing faces? No

Does windows do a splash screen when I change from one word doc to another? No. Only when I boot up which is acceptable. Not when just changing docs…or faces.

A splash screen for a few seconds is a problem?
Not for me!

2 Likes

I appreciate seeing it so I know that my watch is making contact with Facer.

2 Likes