Gif/Image color issue

I need help! I have a gif that I need to use for my watch face. I use sequence and put the gif in like usual. It looks fine on computer screen then when I transfer it over to my watch it changes the saturation and looks like crap. I’ve then changed it to an image just to test it under a different format and still changes the saturation. I’ve taken a screen shot on my phone of the gif and used that as an image and the same result! I’ve changed the color and tint. I’m running out of ideas. Has anyone come across this problem?

1 Like

Why do you use a GIF, this image format has only 256 colours and is the lowest quality image format.
PNG is the first choice.
PNG offers the possibility of using small files at a consistently high quality. For example, logos and small images with thousands of shades of colour can be processed correctly. PNG images can be saved with a transparent background.

3 Likes

i dont know if this is the same problem but i have had a similar problem when syncing up my faces to test them and the image quality changes…a simple resync fixes it when it does that.

1 Like

As upgrade-gd mentioned create and save your frame images as .png files.
Animate them manually. Using pre-made .gifs does not always produce the quality that you want. There are a lot of posts in the community about creating animations.

1 Like

Here is a good online gif editing site I find very useful, and you can split your gif into frames easily there as well - EZGIF

@icrltd4 But does it make sense to convert a bad template (GIF) into PNG? I would rather create everything as a PNG and make the animation from the up to 25 individual images in the sequence.

2 Likes

I shared that site simply because it has proven very useful to me.

I did try that yesterday, broke down the gif into 13 images then converted them all to PNG. Upload them into the sequence and I still got the same result. I also do use EZGif and another gif editing app. I did that to change the color to see if maybe its the colors my watch might not be working with and that result was the same. Can one of you guys try possible? It might just be my watch. https://gifer.com/en/PhY9

Just tested it on my watch (Samsung Gear S3) and it looks 1:1 like created here

1 Like

What the heck lol. That’s the same watch as me too. Anyway you can send those files to my email? Mjaybrooks05@gmail.com

You have post
“Here are the PNG images, as cut-outs”

1 Like

whoa ! that’s really effective! Not a theme I’m drawn to but it’s a really great effect. Your graphics on the snake or something you’ve converted?

I’m on a break from making Faces, but I’ll throw one together quickly to see how it looks…

Here’s a Face I made with it quickly, and a pic of it on my Watch. If anything, it just looks brighter on my Watch than here in the Creator.

Thats exactly what it was doing to me. Very strange. Never came across that issue but luckily thanks to upgrade-gd the problem has been resolved. I appreciate all the help everyone! Cheers

2 Likes

@kvansant I have the queue for @mjaybrooks05
just reworked it…that is, converted the GIF into PNG (clipping) so that he can work out his theme to his satisfaction.

1 Like