Gif with static image

trying something tricky, I have a gif going, but I want a still frame to show up at the end. I figure it will be trial and error on how long to keep a still from the last image to show up, using transparency, and also , allowing the gif to play through each time one looks at the watch. any suggestions on the field I would have to use in transparency?

1 Like

I think you only have to change two small details and nothing else.
Set the sequence to start on the wake and uncheck the loop option.

6 Likes

well I’ll be stuffed, it didn’t occur to me that that would actually work. cheers!

5 Likes

Great answer from @petruuccios obviously, but you can always set delay times for any or all frames in a gif on ezgif.com as well don’t forget.
I quite often set a longer delay on the last frame, and sometimes the first as well, but I practically always have to change all of them to help make them smoother.
A quick example could be this funny T&J Gif, where I removed every 3 frame to make it a 24 Frame Gif, so then the Speed needed to be reduced, in this case down to 60%. Every Frame was then on a delay count of 10, so I changed the last 1 to 100, thus making it appear longer…
T&J Gif 01

2 Likes