Google Has FINALLY Announced The Pixel Watch

Google Finally Shows off the Pixel Watch by PHANDROID It looks nice but reminds me a lot of the old Samsung Active 2 watches. Just a different watch band attachment and a more rounded look with a Fossil style crown.

6 Likes

No metal bracelet on that one then. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I’ve read in some of the leaked descriptions that Google was going to have a proprietary band attachment like Apple has on their watches. So, you won’t be able to buy 3rd party bands for the Pixel unless they are licensed just like Apple does.

2 Likes

That sounds so greedy to me. They can keep it for them selfs, no matter how good it would be, just because this approach annoys me. It wont be so revolutionary for me to swallow my anger easy anyway.

The wheel was invented in ancient times and is free for use to everyone?
Lets invent it anew, so we can license it…

4 Likes

Yeah. What He Said.

1 Like

Short review here -

Or a bit longer here -

4 Likes

Thanks for posting those Gizmo. The guy in the CNET Review said two intresting things. He was not sure what sensors it might have, may be includes SPO2 and ECG . But talked about OS Subscription. Oh NO that would be me out.

3 Likes

I’m with you on this one. I would consider the Pixel except for the band issue. And on the other hand, as many bugs as they have had with the Pixel 6 cellphone this year alone, I wouldn’t trust the Pixel watch to be any different.

@russellcresser I’m with you on the OS Subscription. Google Microsoft and Apple are now all on the band wagon for software subscriptions so they can generate a constant cash flow.

3 Likes

Eeeek . I learnt everything I know Open Source . :thinking: :japanese_goblin:

2 Likes

He mentioned, it could be subscription for some premium features from fitbit. I am curious what would it be, because heart rate, SPO2, sleep tracking and step count can do any above average smartwatch without subscription.

3 Likes

Does “subscription” mean you have to pay for the watch AND pay a monthly fee every month you wear it?

1 Like

If you have the up-sale of the expanded data like the Fitbit has, yes. Kinda like you can be a free Facer user or you can go Pro for a monthly or yearly fee.

1 Like

I think it is fugly, so a “no go” anyways :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

@birkb . I think at this stage they are talking about a Premium Support Subscription . I see a lot of Software and Cloud storage sliding towards Subscription . Watch this space .

2 Likes

Brilliant .