Graphically represent BPM and Steps with hands

Hi to all
I would represent heart rate BPM and steps with a small hand moving clockwise inside :
A) inside a circle of 350° Hand moves from far left to far right
B) inside a full circle (360°)
Which formulas should i insert to have the desired result? I suppose i will have to insert expressions in the rotation field.
Thx for any help i can have
Annotazione%202019-12-23%20111003

Do a search for “gauge” on the forums, that’s a start…

Here’s a really good tutorial:

Hi
Thx for your reply and help.
I know Tomaja’s tutorial and also tried to applicate it to change colors of battery charge, but…i was uneble to have the trick work. I’m a very beginner. I succeeded in having battery charge indicated by a small hand. Now i need an expression to do the same with BPM and Steps, but untill now i have no solution-
Thx again
Cheers

Ahh ok…

For gauge indicators to work, you need to figure out the range of motion.

I’ve created a watchface shown here to track temp and battery life for reference purposes:

We’ll focus on the TEMP area in the center of the watchface and see how to apply it for heartrate.

In the example, the range description goes from 0 to 100. Your indicator should point north, which is at the 50 mark. Your indicator arrow will rotate based on the formula you enter in the rotation field. If it’s set to 0, it should again point north to 50.

At this point, you can play around with numbers to find out what number will cause the arrow to land at 0 and 100. In this example, it’s -110 for 0 and 110 for 0. Negative being rotating to the left and positive to the right.

With that info, you should be able to plug it into a formula like so:
(-110+(#ZHR#*2))
(-110+(#ZSC#*2))

Or at least, in theory… it’s been a while since I’ve played with formulas and the test environment throws out random numbers for heart rate.

Hope this helps!

1 Like

Thx very much for your help
Happy new year:smiley: