GW 5 Pro e GW 6 Classic Problem

Happy New Year to all.

From a couple of days, or at least I noticed it then, the Play Store for the watches in question no longer works. I’ll explain better. I tap on the watch’s Playstore and instead of the usual screen with a series of suggested Apps, which you scroll until you reach Manage Applications, where the App updates are found, a completely black screen appears. The only things present are:

The search field with the magnifier is at the top

Under the writing “no applications found.”

Obviously this is impossible. In addition to mine there are the pre-installed ones.

I no longer know what to do for any Apps updates.

Has anyone encountered the same problem? What could I do? I tried a reboot but nothing happened.

1 Like

I just checked my GW 5 Pro and it’s doing the exact same thing. Either Samsung broke something in the last update or Google is having issues. I could see either one or both happening.

2 Likes

I pushed for an Update . Perhaps I should not have .My wife got an update on here Tizen and I wondered if there was one for my GW4 . I will see what gives after . I am not exactly sure what you guys are seeing . It is a Leap year may be the watches are confused by that .

@mrantisocialguy Thanks for your reply, i’m relieved. Let’s hope that both Samsung and Google will fix this in the quickest time.
@russellcresser
Yes there is an update for GW 4, at least in Italy has arrived. And no, i don’t think that leap year has something to do with this glitch
Have both a great year

1 Like

Thanks @diavo . My update finished . Reboot Phone and Watch . Everything seems to be OK . I did see a notification that WiFi was not connected . But it was . I think sometimes the Google stuff looks for Wifi . The watch does not have it on continuously unless you ask for it while charging . So Far So Good .

I had an update on my GW4 Classic the other day, and the Play Store opens just fine for me right now.

1 Like

Everything is fine on my watch, I didn’t have that problem. Or I didn’t notice it.

1 Like

Hi @icrltd4 @masterboyhr
Checked just now and nothing has changed on my side. I still have the black screen with the search field and nothing else. I posted on Samsung Community in Italy and I can say that there are many of us who have this problem. Hoping in a quick solution.
Have a nice day

1 Like

Check if there are any updates for phone and/or watch.

My phone was updated yesterday. Not the Facer app, the whole phone.

2 Likes

Hi @masterboyhr
No updates for my S20+ and my Gw6 classic was updated some time ago. They have updated the GW6 before 4 and 5. I presume i will have to wait for a fix

1 Like

Sounds like they have made a mistake with the Italian Job .

1 Like

Hi @russellcresser
Mhhhh, not only in Italy. It seems that @mrantisocialguy has the same problem and, if i’m not wrong he is from U.S.A.

1 Like

Sorry to hear that. I’ve just checked - my watch (still) does not have that problem. Interesting.

1 Like

@masterboyhr
I’m happy for you, lucky man :wink:

2 Likes

After my last update to my I can say the Power consumption on my Watch is even Better . Strange . Have you cleared the Cache on your watch . I actually prompted the Update . Just check and see if there is one Pending .

@diavo @russellcresser @masterboyhr

I just got an update from Google for some apps on my watch and Google Play is now back to normal showing apps like it did before it went blank.

2 Likes

Thanks for that , Good to Know :::)))

Hi @mrantisocialguy
I can confirm that here too Google Play is working again just like it did before. On my side no Apps updates, he is worling again with no intervention from me

3 Likes

As they used to say on the old TV show The A Team here in the USA, “I love it when a plan comes together!”. :rofl:

3 Likes