GW5PRO screen timeout

I just bought a brand new GW5Pro yesterday and discovered that there is a bug when using Facer - the screen time out - is 4-5 seconds only no matter what is set on the watch! This bug was discovered sometime ago - surely by now there is a fix or an update. Any help appreciated

1 Like

I also use Button to Wake . In that case I can have 1 minute . Difficult to take Shots or Videos elswise . Well done getting the 5Pro .

Samsung ever since the original Galaxy Watch has a 4-5 second timeout for the screen when you twist your wrist to wake it up. It does not obey the time setting you have set, but if you press a button on the side of the watch it does obey the time you have set. I still have an original gen 1 GW and it is where I figured that out at. My 5 Pro, 6 Classic and even my 7 Ultra all work the same.

3 Likes

That’s sad, but I guess it’s one way to hobble a watchface competitor

1 Like

It works the same even if you are using a stock Samsung watchface. I don’t know why they do it that way, it just is what it is.

1 Like

The OPPO had no way to extend the On Time. A real bitch to make shot. No chance of a Video.

Maybe it’s a good thing that the Oppo doesn’t sell here in the US. I would buy one and then be sad I did.

1 Like

Yes . Despite being second used I still found it a disappointing Watch . No Geo Magnet or Pressure Sensor . I liked having the square screen . Tested a few faces . If I had some spare cash I might by a New One . As you noticed it is a bit of a pain having more than one watch with Facer on . In that case I would give myself another account . Did I say that ?

1 Like

Having a second “personal” account is the way to go. That way you can test with the main publishing account and use the personal account to actually use. It just makes life so much simpler in the end. Plus, you can hide what face you are using from the people who follow your publishing account. I always have the newest watchface on the MAG account and that frees me up to use whatever I want with my personal account.

1 Like

Just wish we could share the Finnished Face File like we can on WFS .

1 Like