Having problem with hour jump hand

radio

Need hour hand to start at 1 end at 12 and jump back to 1.

(311-((-#DWFKS#)/(365/99))) this works but starts at 0 not 1 and goes to 11 and jumps back to 0.

2 Likes

Why do you not want the Hand to start at Zero . That is mathematically correct . You need to measure the angle between 1 and 12 .
((((#DWFKS#)/360)*ANGLE OF TRAVEL)+ OR - OFFSET)

4 Likes

The gauge is not properly centered on image, but I think that the formula has some flaws bigger than that.
The gauge seems to be drawn as a 1/4 of the circle. So hour hand should move 1/4 of its normal rotation and start rotated 45° back. The formula for hand rotation should be then more simple, like (#DWFKS#/4-45)
When you set the image to cover the whole canvas 320x320, the pivot point for the hand fits somewhere near x=162, y=254.
btw, you have chosen the smooth rotation tag for the hour hand, so then what do you expect the hand to do between 12 and 1? For better understanding, imagine there another digit 12 in place of the 0. I hope it makes sense now.

5 Likes

You could use #Dh#
So if 1=311° and 12= 59° then that is a total of 108°.
Divide that by 12 = 9

so you formula would be : (311+#Dh#*9)

But if you want smooth rotation, then you would have to add the minutes to it.

3 Likes

As Peter pointed out the pivot point is not in the D shape . That D is for the return spring of the hand . Note I used The green hand (hidden ) and the time machine slider to check out the angles . It will be easy enough to change it 0 to 12 . When you have measured the angle correctly . As Peter says I see it as 90 degrees inclusive .
Then you have to allow a second for a nice fly back .

3 Likes

Excuse me I could not help myself .

3 Likes

i have that to cover the hands. There is a seconds disc that goes in that blank spot under the hand. can no figure out that formula you used on your test you did for me. Yhank yo guys for the help

3 Likes

Ha Ha . You see because you asked a favourite question you got a few answers very quickly . If you ask three maker how to make something you will get 3 answers . But they are the same because they all do the job .

2 Likes

got it . Thank you guys for all the help.

3 Likes
4 Likes

Thank You

3 Likes

Hey . Well done . I see you have a few Jump Hand Faces in your Profile . I wonder why you needed help with this one .

1 Like

The others mostly have jump hour digit, not a hand.

2 Likes

Hours in them are digital.

2 Likes

Thank You

2 Likes

Russell, you need to shorten that Hand for the Hours, and add a longer one for the higher Minutes :grin::+1:

1 Like