Having trouble syncing faces?

Hey guys,

I put together the following help post on our new Facebook page so that I can refer people to it when I get “can’t sync” comments on our faces.

If you get a chance it would be great if you could please let me know if you can think of anything I missed or maybe got wrong.

These FAQ articles might help if people have not seen them already:

https://help.facer.io/hc/en-us/categories/360000027254-FAQ

Some of them have not been updated in a while but there is still some good information / fault finding tips in them.

In addition here are some highlights from our past experience and apologies if people have already tried all of this.

Operating Systems:

- check that your phone and watch operating systems are up to date

Wearable App:

- check you have the current version of Samsung’s Galaxy Wearable App or WearOS App installed and running

- open the wearable app and make sure that your watch is connected in the app

- in the wearable app make sure that Facer is selected as your current watch face

Facer App on Phone:

- check that you have the latest version of Facer installed on your phone

- open the app and tap on the 3 horizontal lines on the top left

- make sure that you are logged in ( your user name should be displayed at the top of the slide out window )

- make sure that your watch model has been selected and is connected ( model name should be shown under you name and the dot next to model should be green )

- if your watch model is not shown or is incorrect tap on settings/select Watch and choose the right watch model

- if the dot next the model name is red the watch is not connected to facer - try tapping on the watch model name to try to connect the watch. A pop up should say trying to activate companion app. If it fails then keep trying a number of times - it sometimes takes a few.

- if in the last step you get the “re-install/install companion app option” then you could try that by tapping on the link. It will direct you to the load/install page. Note that if your companion app on your watch is a somewhat older version then the auto update / re-install process will not work ( see notes in the companion app page ) and you will need to delete Facer from your watch and re-install it to get the latest version.

Facer on watch:

- check that you have selected Facer as your watch face by pressing on the dial until the face selection menu comes up - slide across to find and select Facer if the face is something else

Still need help:

If you still can’t sync faces then you could raise a support request with the Facer Team by filling in a support request using the form at:

https://help.facercreator.io/hc/en-us/requests/new

Note that when you do get it working then some of the steps above may have reset some of the permission on your phone/watch and you will need to re-enable these so that Facer can see weather, health and location data.

5 Likes

All looks good to me Mike Sir, hopefully it can help lots of people.

2 Likes

Thanks, much appreciated.

2 Likes