Heads Up on Color Choices

I feel a Challenge coming On :::)))

I totally agree!

2 Likes

I have my replacement waiting in the wings. I am just giving @Facer_Official the opportunity to make things right.

1 Like

Stand By Your Beds .
I have to say I think you will get a reply when the Head of Steam has gone out of the Barbie Brand Launch .

It’s the color combination and/or the title/description “girls” and “pink”. The Barbie brand is bigger than you and I are so Barbie calls the shots at this point. It’s annoying that things are being removed in error, but I did notice quite a few new free watch faces last week that were intentionally Barbie either because people didn’t use common sense or they were trying to cheat. I’m sure the automated system will be fine-tuned eventually. Perhaps in 6 months everything will be back to normal around here.

2 Likes

Ha Ha . Perhaps if we Start Describing or Faces in URDU Marvin will miss it . Me thinks Facer is making a Joke out of itself . I have to say I struggle to take it seriously and we wonder why Marty McFly comes just to Take the Piss .

1 Like

I’m starting to believe that @Facer_Official has as they say, “Jumped The Shark”! :motorcycle: :shark: :rofl:

1 Like

Bloody Got the Sack I Hope .

Facer seems to be in accordance with their TOS regarding copyrights and does the best that it can at this point. If a name brand comes to them and says, “Flag everything that uses our colors and mentions, girls, Ken, Barbie, etc…etc…” that’s a starting point. After that Facer has to discern what shows up.

If you are required to go through screening at an airport, or asked to show your ID at a bank, would you tell the officials they are a joke? As I mentioned above, the good guys suffer because others don’t follow the rules.

Let’s just be patient until things are sorted out.

1 Like

When something a bit bigger than us comes along and we are suppose to lie down . Because they dont want us to use the word " Girl " in the description of a Watch Face we have Made . I don’t know what kind of world you expect to live in but that is Absolute Nonsense .

5 Likes

Great idea!

1 Like

Pantone / PMS 219 C / #da1984 Hex Color Code, is known as “Barbie Pink”. I have made several faces using shades of Pink before and after the Barbie craze, but have not used this Hex. I do not use Barbie anywhere nor do I use the Barbie fonts or characters.

The faces I make are simply a trendy fashionable pink color of which many people like for whatever reason they like it.

See also: As a California federal judge summarized in
an August 1998 order, in which he granted
MCA’s motion for summary judgment,
"Besides its claims regarding the use of the
name Barbie,’ [Mattell also asserts that
[MCA] misappropriated [its] trade dress,
specifically the use of so-called Barbie ‘pink’
in the Barbie Girl packaging and video. In
that round, the court sided with MCA on
Mattel’s claims for trademark infringement
and
dilution,
inding
that
Mattel
“cannot show that its use of the color pink
has acquired secondary meaning,” and
noting that “the color pink is used on many
products associated with young girls, and
[Mattel] provides no evidence as to how its
pink differs from that used on these other products”
Over 20 years after that case came to a close
questions remain about how - exactly
Mattel would fare should it seek seek to to register
its pink mark foee
mark for use in various classes of
goods/services with the USPTO; to date, the
company has not tried its hand in this
regard. However, in 2023 (30 years after
Judge Wm. Matthew Bryne of the U.S.
District court for the Central District of
California shot down Mattel’s trade dress
claims), the reality about whether Mattel has
acquired distinctiveness in “Barbie Pink”
may be very different. Dickson, for one,
stated recently that it may be “perfectly
reasonable and possible for Mattel to apply
for a registration for [its] very specific Barbie
pink as used on certain package designs.”
Side Note: On more than one occasion since
at least 2001, Mattel has applied to register
the “Barbie Pink” word mark with the U.S
Patent and Trademark Office (“USPTO”) for
use on goods/services like dolls, homewares,
paper products, garments, hair accessories.
eyewear, etc., only to ultimately abandon
those applications. (Peep three of the
“Barbie Pink” applications for registration

4 Likes

Thank you @thomasfmal . Colour is being updated . I suppose once a Face is published the Updates are not as Rigorously examined . Who Knows .

Well my pink face is still up (so far) but no sync’s yet. Should I be worried (sarcasm)??

2 Likes

1 Like

Barbie Block Party.

If it’s any consolation, I heard today that Barbie Doll sales are down by 6% this week, in spite of the movie’s promotion.

1 Like

From what I’ve read online, (If it is on the internet, it has to be true…), the Barbie movie is very woke and not getting good reviews except from the bastions of wokeness. Even if it really was the greatest movie of all time, I would not go see it just because it’s not my taste in subjects. OTOH, I would not go see a G.I. Joe movie either.

1 Like

I never knew a color could be copyrighted. There are too many things out there that use the color pink. Victoria’s Secret comes to mind for 1, and their other franchise, Pink!

1 Like

Just so everyone will know the latest. Facer has removed the strike and allowed me to repost it with all the syncs and likes intact. All I had to do is remove the term “Barbie colors” from the description and everyone was happy. So in the future, if you publish a watchface in Barbie pink and purple DO NOT use the term “Barbie” in any way, shape or form.

6 Likes