Heads Up on Color Choices

Just in case you didn’t know, Facer has joined forces with the Barbie franchise. They are now deleting anything that is pink and purple as a copyright infringement of Barbie. I lost a 3 year old watchface because of their copyright bots. I have contested it, (Ticket #117001), but knowing how @Facer_Official is at replying on stuff like this I don’t expect to hear anything back from it. Just so you know what watchface got removed it was called “Girls Childrens Watch” and looks like the picture below. I also have a boy’s version in blue with black text that hasn’t been bothered.

I got the email on 2023/7/23 so their comment of it being posted on the 24th is wrong. I posted that watchface in late 2019 or very early 2020.

8 Likes

I have seen it on Facebook group.
Some are cute faces that just look like generic digitals with pink frame, now special, because of the word Barbie on them.
I cant remember having pink faces related to children, so hopefully safe for now :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Yeah coz they are gonna make millions and millions of dollars on Barbie faces.:joy::joy::joy:

3 Likes

Yeah . That Brand have really Pushed the Boat Out . You would think since they are All Premium they would have Put some interactives on them Like Theme Colour . Oh no Sorry , No one would want those Colours on their Barbie Watch .

2 Likes

It’s a fact of life. Honest people have to suffer because people who should know better, in this case regarding copyright infringement, try to take advantage. I don’t blame Facer. Marvin just needs a few tweaks. It’s probably his first day with the pink thing.
“This, too, shall pass…”

2 Likes

Now I’m afraid to use blue color.

There was a movie “The Big Blue”. Oh, can I use “big”? Can I use “the”?

It just went too far.

4 Likes

This picture is Anish Kapoor’s comment to Peter Semple banning him from using his PINK . Kapoor had registered the Blackest Black called VANTABLACK . Peter Is another Artist who took exception . I don’t know if anything ever got to Court .
Whatever you do never use the word THE in your description or the Colour #ccff00 on your Face .

3 Likes

THE FORBIDDEN COLOR! :rofl:

1 Like

Just knocked up a pink face but not put the word pink anywhere in the title or description. Will see how long it lasts.

2 Likes

I did not have pink, Barbie, movie or anything in mine other than time, weather and battery. I think it got busted because of the pink background and purple text. If @Facer_Official would get around to discussing this with me instead of staying silent, we would all know for sure…

2 Likes

So what we are saying is there are a few Forbidden colours . Still we can have a bit of Fun there are 16 Million .

Ya, but 1 million of the 16 have a bit of PINK in the color. Before long we may be limited to black and white faces only.:thinking:

1 Like

We will have to ask Mr Kapoor about using Black !!!

1 Like

So now if a color is used in a popular movie we can’t use that color in our watch faces?

That is a bunch of CR*P

The facer litigators have gone mad and insane.

You can’t copyright a color.

:astonished: :astonished: :astonished: :astonished:

1 Like

But you CAN copyright the name of a color.

1 Like

So if you’re not naming the name of the color and it’s pink and you’re using pink you’re not infringing on the copyright. I have a watch that’s pink it hasn’t been taken down and I don’t think your watch had the name of a copyrighted color.

I’m sorry though I don’t understand because pink is pink and there’s lots of shades of pink, go to any paint store I guarantee you they have pink that matches what’s in the Barbie movie and I doubt there’s any lawsuits going on there from disney.

I think it’s a bit over the top taking your watch off the available list to download or to synchronize with.

2 Likes

Also, if they ever manage to stop the endless stream of copyrighted/intellectual property from Disney/Marvel etc, etc. that is uploaded here on a daily basis, then I might start to take this place seriously. :smiley:

1 Like

Oh, no, you cannot use black!

1 Like

Intrestingly I think it is the Colour combination . Also it us more about the Launch of the Barbie Watch Brand . The Work is so inane I think Facer were frightened that thier new Partner might be upstaged . I think we should to a Fresh Faces Bomb using the colours . Mine is ready and I might just go for the Inversion . We just need to coordinate it . I will take my lead from @mrantisocialguy .

2 Likes

I think they will polish their bot filter gradually to give less false alarms.
Othervise it would be like guessing what people did not write down somewhere yet
ok 50 are down, we still have 206 others to pick, just who knows which are which?

2 Likes