Heart Rate Dial Formulation

I am completely lost. I have a Heart Rate dial that reads from 00BPM-205BPM. (I realize that 00-40BPM is probably over kill, but I digress.) I am trying to get it set with #ZHR# tag and counter-clockwise. I can’t even begin to know where to start with this. Some of the “general” explanations that I have read are a bit confusing. I can’t seem to figure it out. I can say that even though they are in increments of 5, each BPM point equals 1.4 with a total of 7 points per 5BPM increment. Snippet of gauge is included. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. If more information is needed, please ask.
HR guage

1 Like

This is what I use for a heart dial hand

(-(#ZHR#/200)*360)

For 205 you will need to change the 200 to 205. To change the direction of the hand movement change the ( - ( to a + sign. That should get you going.

2 Likes

I’d like to see a face like this. There is a similar one called “BPM & Rolling Digits” that works, but I can’t find it on the Facer watch face page.

What you need is a hand on the face who’s rotation you can control precisely. I don’t know how to do this either - but ideally you’d want to be able to move the hand by specifying the # degrees to use for it’s rotation: 0 = 12 o’clock position, 90 = 3 o’clock position etc. If there were a way to do that you could calculate the # degrees based on current heartrate value.

What happens if you just put a number between 0 and 359 into the Rotation box for the hand you decide to use? I noticed that, for a second hand at the 59 second mark, the rotation value is 354.3179999190987. So there should be a way to construct a statement that calculates a rotation value based on current heart rate.

Also - here’s a couple of suggestions for your face:

1. Make the range 40 - 220.
  2. Make the numbers below 100 red, 100 - 140 green, above 140 to 180 orange, and above 180 red. (Your doctor may have a different opinion.)
  3. Show current date & time digitally on the inside of the face.

I’ve been tracking my heart rate and BP values for a while and found that they vary widely and don’t seem to have a very direct correlation to what my body is actually doing.

Maybe you mean this?

1 Like

Hello, actually the number 205 is fore last one, so if the hand or progress bar would turn the whole circle, it would mean 210. Now if you insert for example a second hand in the dial, it points straight up for rotation angle 0. But 0 on your gauge is on bottom side of the circle. You would have to either turn the circle or the hand an initial angle of 180° counter clockwise (in negative direction). Lets keep the dial image as is and start with the hand at bottom. To turn whole circle it has to draw angle of 360°. That means 360degrees/210BPM. So the formula for its rotation would be like
(360/210*#ZHR#-180)

2 Likes

That’s a whole lot closer to what I need, thank you. When testing the dial, the slider only goes from 0-200BPM. I can get the 0 AND the 200 to line up, but not so much in the middle.

1 Like

This is a pic of everything put together. As you can see, the HR gauge is read from the bottom and not the top. I’m not sure if that really changes anything or not.

1 Like

Yes, that is the face I referenced. How do you go about finding it on the Facer watch face page?

1 Like

I made this one, so I did not have to search for it :slight_smile:
But if you put in the search field only the least common key word, like rolling in this case, it will find you more relevant faces, than for the whole name made of multiple words. It searches for each word individually and adds them to results…

1 Like

Yes, it simplifies things. It would look better if the numbers were put upside to the centre of circle (like the seconds are, or if you cut out window for heart rate on the top side of the disc), but if you do not mind they are upside down, try formula like this for rotating the disc:
(0-360/210*#ZHR#)

1 Like

Aha! Got it - thanks for the tip. I had to do a factory reset on my Galaxy a while back to clear it of some improper behavior, and after that I couldn’t find your face. Now I know how to get it again if I need to. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

To test PowerPoint abilities, I tried to redraw the gauge fast, so it has more linear spacing and digits in same order as the seconds in your “window”. I made 2 versions and separate shade for each.
One would be rotated with (360/210*#ZHR#),
the other with (clamp((360/160*(#ZHR#-40)),0,360))
BPMgauge0-210shd
BPMgauge0-210
BPMgauge40-200shd
BPMgauge40-200
btw. lets compare the results :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Very cool watch.

I’m always sorry that watches like that get lost in the mass and don’t get the attention they deserve.

unfortunately all dials are stuck at 0 degrees. Can you check why? I’d like to wear that watchface.

2 Likes

Great piece of Assistance Peter.

2 Likes