Heart Rate in galaxy watch 6 classic

Hello, I don’t use heart rate monitoring because of short battery duration, so it’s turned off in settings. But every time I download a watchface that includes HR the sensor is activated! And it’s doing it like every 5 mins so it’s very active and my battery is draining. I don’t see an option to turn it off from facer app.

Thanks in advance

There is no option. You have to choose watchfaces without HR.

But - we discussed it here - general conclusion was that HR sensor has very, very small impact on battery life.

4 Likes

Can I at least space it out if I change the interval in Samsung health? I’d have to check but I’d swear battery life drops from 2 to 1 day only

Thanks in advance

I cannot say for sure. I have it on “continuously” so it’s measuring all the time. I really don’t feel any impact on battery life. I’ve tried watchfaces with and without HR. Didn’t see any difference.

But I have watch 5 pro, it has better battery. At the end of the day I have 40%-60% battery left.
Workouts drain a little bit more battery. Display is set to “Raise wrist to wake” and that feature drains most of the battery. I don’t know, it’s very hard to say what has the most impact on battery life. I guess it’s a combination of everything. But if I turn everything off then what’s the point of having a smartwatch?

2 Likes