Heart Rate not working on Pixel Watch 2

Thank you for the details. Yikes, now see your dilemma.

1 Like

Rusty is correct - it’s the particular watch model. I CAN get a correct step count on this watch and a Facer face (that I create myself) by using a customizable complication. I guess that’s what I’ll need to do until I can upgrade the watch. The downsides of the customizable complications are (1) unless I can find a larger font - even the so-called Large option is pretty small. (2) the 4 available versions of those come with either a title or an icon that flashes annoyingly, so I have to mask them. Those still pop up briefly when the face updates from the internet. Maybe if Facer could make some adjustments to the CCs so that they worked better, that would be a solution rather than trying to change #ZSC# which they don’t seem to be able to do. That sounds more difficult to this non-programmer though.

1 Like

I have a customizable winter design. As long as you are a subscriber does this work for you? Linlay Designs™ - [Customize] Chalkboard Winter - watch face for Apple Watch, Samsung Gear S3, Huawei Watch, and more - Facer

1 Like

That is a very pretty face. Thank you. I am a subscriber, but only for a few more days. It expires soon and I’m not going to renew at this point. Once it expires, I’ll only have access to the free faces and the ones I’ve made myself.

As I’ve mentioned elsewhere, the customizable complications do take care of the step problem, but the font sizes are so limited. Facer’s idea of “Large” is pretty tiny (and I’ve hunted everywhere for better fonts to use). Maybe it’s just my old eyes. That’s why #ZSC# is so much better (if it would only count past 999) - the font size can be adjusted so the step count can be seen at a glance. Take a look at this one if what I am saying doesn’t make sense. There are two step counter elements on this one (this is my current play-around face - it’s not published) - the little green one is the customizable comp (and that’s as large as I can get it). The other one is #ZSC# and it’s the same font, but 24 points - plenty large.

I am staying with the Pixel line primarily because of Fitbit - much better health tracking than what I’ve seen elsewhere.

So, perhaps by the time I can get out from under this stupid contract and upgrade the watch, both Facer and Google will have figured this out. We’ll probably be up to the Pixel Watch 4 by that time. :roll_eyes:

Thank you for your help. Your Winter one is really pretty.

1 Like

Thank you. I see what you are saying. Nice Colorful Rims group!
I have a feeling that Facer is waiting for Google to get their act together.
Your experience has made me more wary of “free” offers. We dropped Verizon years ago when they insisted on selling me a top-of-the-line phone and balked about ordering what I wanted. I walked out of Verizon and went down the street to ATT where they had the model I had been looking for. Been with ATT since then.

2 Likes

Thanks. Oh yes, no more “free” deals from Verizon for us. My hubs worked for them for 45 years - first as GTE, then Verizon. So, there was this loyalty/employee discount thing, but I think we’re about done with that.

That’s funny - that Facer is waiting on Google and vice versa. My suspicion is that nothing will happen quickly. Oh well.

Thanks again.

1 Like

I just fixed this issue on my wifes gen 1 Pixel Watch. No uninstall/reinstall/ needed. From your watch face, swipe down for the quick menu. Tap the gear for settings. Scroll down to and tap “Apps & notifications”. Then, scroll down to and tap “app permissions”. Tap “Physical activity” permission and allow facer. Do the same with “sensors” permission, and set for allowed all the time. All your sensors will work now. Good luck!

1 Like

Welcome @ittstudent . Well Done . Does that make the Step counter work Properly as well ?

Russell, I will have to get back to you this afternoon on that. She just put it on after I made the changes. For the moment, I can only be 100% on the heart rate working.

1 Like

It is an ongoing question . Since the PX1 came out . No rush at All . Always good to have another PX user to give Feedback . PX is Popular with the Ladies . We hope there will always be a Watch for the More Dainty Wrist .

I use the PW2, but keep it in a Supcase UB Pro case/band. Really reminiscent of the G-Shock style. Of course, I bought it 2 months ago…right before the PW3 with a bigger screen option was announced lol

1 Like

PW3 ??? OK . I must look on the Net.

Here is an image of her steps today, while wearing a facer watchface. She didn’t have bp on this one, and I think the steps was more of the issue you were addressing. If you need one with both, can do that also.

1 Like

Well that is looking good . I thought the PX Step count got stuck at 999. Brilliant . :+1::+1: