Heart Rate not working on Pixel Watch 2

Curious if anyone knows how to fix this.
Heart Rate doesn’t report when using any Facer watchfaces on my Pixel Watch 2.
Steps get reported as do weather.

Heart rate gets reported in other 3rd party watch face apps as well as default Google faces.

Anyone know if it’s a permissions issue or bug?
If permissions, where do I go to check/enable that. I’m a bit lost.

1 Like

Do your Steps go over 999 ? It seems like Facer and Pixel is not a good Marriage . We are Hemmoriging Members from the Community because of these issues . I think @Facer_Official should chip in and say something abut this .Sadly these are Technical issues beyond the Scope of A Community Forum .

2 Likes

Yes, my steps do exceed 999. The steps displayed on Facer correspond to steps taken from Fitbit.
So I thought Facer had the correct permissions to my health data. Sounds like this is a bug to me.

@russellcresser do you know where I can log a support case with Facer?

1 Like

Sorry I was off at the other end doing something else . I selected to have my Heart Rate monitored continuously on My Samsung Watch there was also a Setting Flagged up when Facer started on my Watch . You are reporting some very good news as others can not get the step count over 999 . These days when my display is lit the green strobing light which Tests the HR is on as well .
I uninstall Facer from your watch . Find out how to Reboot your watch . I am not sure. Do not RESET your Watch .
Install Facer again . Look our for the HR Permissions during the set up .
If you still wan to contact Little labs go here but Please don’t hold your Breath Waiting for a reply .
(https://help.facer.io/hc/en-us/requests/new)

1 Like

You nailed it out of the park @russellcresser :grinning:
Uninstalling, rebooting & reinstalling did it. Both step count and HR are working as intended.

Hopefully Facer can get their arms around issues like these soon.
Thanks for you help on this.

3 Likes

Great News . I wonder if you are one of those who does a lot of walking . I would ask you , please share a wrist selfie or Screenshot from your watch of a high step count . This is very Good News .

1 Like

It is good to know that all it takes is a reinstall and restart. I hope this will help others.

1 Like

Sure, no problem. You mentioned a limit of 999 steps, anything over that threshold work as a good screen?

1 Like

Yeah I think it a bit much to ask you to test 99999 . Some Do that many . Even on the WFS forum the Issue seems not to be solved . I wonder if there is a Forum for the Pixel watch .

I’ll have to check out some Pixel Watch forums. This is where I am at today thus far.

screenshot-2024-01-06-13-42-11

2 Likes

Great . That is wonderful @revmarcia558 and other other Pixel users will be interested . I wonder if you had to give special Permissions on your Phone for the Health stuff to be shared . What Phone do you have ?

Ooooh, I love this face. You are saying that uninstalling Facer, then reinstalling it after rebooting the watch. Rebooting the Pixel is easy - a pain because everything has to be reset, but hey, if it gets a correct step count on Facer, I’m a happy camper.

I’ll most certainly give it a try and if successful, I’m back ya’ll - maybe nobody’s cancelled my Premium and Pro yet. If they have, I’ll renew them.

Stay tuned and thanks.

1 Like

by the way - is this face published? I’d love to wear it for a while.

1 Like

Unfortunately, no luck here. This is, however, the Original Pixel Watch. As I’ve noted elsewhere, I can’t upgrade to the Pixel 2 at this point due to being stuck in a Verizon contract. Oh well, it’s encouraging to know that there is hope down the road.

1 Like

Yes, it is good to know that there has been progress. It is a shame that you cannot upgrade. Why won’t Verizon let you change to a new watch? (I must be missing something.) If your watch were to break or if the battery dies, Verizon won’t let you buy a new watch?

1 Like

Oh sure, they would happily sell me a new watch. The watch was “free” with my new phone. Their definition of “free” is to deduct 1/36th off the cost of the watch from our wireless bill each month. So, if I were to trade now, I’d have to pay 2/3 of the original cost of the watch plus the cost of the new one. Ouch! My fault - failure to read the fine print. So, as long as it works well (and it does except for the Facer problem), I’m better off keeping it. Note, should the battery die, it the watch fail for some other reason, then my friends at Verizon and I will certainly have another conversation. Aside from that, the next device upgrade at our house will be an outright purchase; no more of their “great deals.”

1 Like

I am running a Pixel 7 phone

1 Like

Hi @revmarcia558 this face is published and I snagged it off the free page here.

1 Like

Hmm, wonder why it’s now working. When I was installing the Facer app on my watch, it asked me some permissions questions to which I approved every thing. One question in particular asked if I wanted to grant the app use during ‘use of the app’ or ‘all of the time’? To which I went with the latter.

@russellcresser asked a question regarding routing data through my phone’s health stuff. Which may make a difference. I am using Google’s built in service Health Connect, where I authorized it to read Fitbit data. Maybe you can try that as well. My guess is it’s a permissions issue though. Least that’s where I hit pay dirt.

1 Like

Well Done for the Walk Through . Sadly I think Marcia’s @revmarcia558 Problem is down to the Watch Model .