Heart Rate Sensor Stuck ON With One UI5

I have just got the One UI5 Update on my GW4 Classic . I have also got Companion app 4341 . The Heart Rate sensor ( Flashing Green Light ) gets stuck on if I swap a Face . It is no matter if the Face is native or Facer has or has not a HR reading . So after the swap I go back to my Normal Face it is stuck Falshing if I palm the Display or wait for the Auto Switch off . This will constitute a Massive battery drain again . It was sorted at one stage . I note that at some stage of the Face loading there is a silly notice about whether you want the sensor on all the time or not . It is completely irrelevant as it does not work .
The only Work around is to do a Two Button Reboot and not change the Face at all .
I was really looking forward to the Upgrade Believing in my Nievety that all wold be better . Oh well they did change all the graphics of the Settings . Oh and you can use your watch as a Camera remote for the Flip Phone . They had to do something to sell thier Dead Duck . I see them spending a fortune in the UK on advertising trying to persuade people that a folding Display is a really good Idea .

4 Likes

I don’t have the same problem, heart rate works fine on my watch.

But you are right, UI5 is full of bugs. I like it but they didn’t test it well.

I’m afraid that Google/Samsung are making the same loop as Microsoft does.
Every time they make a stabile version of OS the new one comes out, full of bugs.
Windows XP-7-8-10-11…

I guess it’s all about making money… who cares about users, we are just milking cows.

3 Likes

Companies’ pockets are more important than people’s pockets :pleading_face:

1 Like

So I must add that The HR sensor is settling down . My best advice on the Forum was to give it a couple of days . I just got to be a bit more Patient . What happens in those two days I can not Imagine . That is the Genius of true Voodoo .

Hi Russel
Hearth rate on my GW5 Pro and OneUI 5 works fine

Cheers

1 Like

Thanks . Mine is still a bit sticky but getting Better

2 Likes

The end user is the Quality Control department, so they don’t have to pay someone else to do the QC work. :rage:

2 Likes

Soooo true!

1 Like