Heartbeat rabbit hole

I started out using the simple design tool at Facer.io and have a face I’m happy with but for one thing, the heartbeat element says BPM and I’d rather have a “beating heart” icon rather than the letters.

After researching through the community posts I see references to “expressions” as you would use when writing a conventional program.
None of these expressions show in the “Facer Creator” off the main site.

So, two questions:

1. how do I get a beating heart icon to replace the “BPM” text
  2. where can I learn the expressions and how to use them?

Thanks all,
RG.

1 Like

@facer15 Welcome!
You can see it here

Wow, thanks. You obvs know what you’re talking about. That list must be very useful once you know how to add those codes to your design!

OK, so I’m in the watch face editor and see where I can add elements. Under Health, I see heart rate and it shows as a number and the letters BPM next to it.

So now that I know (thanks to you) that #ZHR# is the symbol for heartbeat logo how do I add it to the watch face in place of the “BPM”?

Thanks again
RG

PS For goodness’ sake look at some codes others are using! How and where the heck would you add something like:
((-cos((#ZHR#/30)*#DWE#*pi)+1)50) Changing the function changes the start value. ((cos((#ZHR#/30)#DWE#*pi)+1)50) = 100>0>100 in 1 heartbeat ((sin((#ZHR#/30)#DWE#*pi)+1)50) = 50>100>0>50 in 1 heartbeat ((-sin((#ZHR#/30)#DWE#*pi)+1)*50) = 50>0>100>50 in 1 heartbeat…

All this is added in the panel on the right. Usually these are x and y coordinates for moving the object. There is also opacity and rotation. Look into this clock face, just click on the small rocket to the left of the clock face (open the watch face in a separate tab.).

Well I learned a lot from that (like removing the “BPM” from the reading) but when I try to insert a beating heart I see .GIF is not a supported image type!

There is another answer above (and copied below) with lines of code for making a beating heart.but it is quite complicated with lots of sine and cosine references and I don’t yet know how to use it (yet).
Thanks.
PS I did get to chg the “84F” to “84 º” with your help!

((-cos((#ZHR#/30)*#DWE#*pi)+1)50) Changing the function changes the start value. ((cos((#ZHR#/30)#DWE#*pi)+1)50) = 100>0>100 in 1 heartbeat ((sin((#ZHR#/30)#DWE#*pi)+1)50) = 50>100>0>50 in 1 heartbeat ((-sin((#ZHR#/30)#DWE#*pi)+1)*50) = 50>0>100>50 in 1 heartbeat

You can add GIF animation as Sequence, but no more than 25 frames.