Hello from Scotland

Howdy, I received my smart watch and found Facer just at the end of last week!. It feels like a lifetime ago already. Mainly due to a lack of sleep trying to figure out maths- it really isn’t my strong point. So, I was inspired by the day and night watch, decided I wanted to make one. Trouble is my drawing skills are not the best- so I also had to learn landscape drawing on illustrator too. Seriously, it’s been a tough few days. I am really pleased with what I achieved though- I might even treat myself to a glass of wine on a school night!

Welcome to your new addiction @tracy, You will have a fun time here.
Greetings from Norfolk

1 Like

Welcome! Gotta say, if you just started drawing in illustrator and did that, good job!!!

1 Like

Welcome to your new addiction @tracy, You will have a fun time here.
Greetings from Norfolk

Thank you, so far so good!

Thank you, I know illustrator, and have used it often in the past, for things like logo design. So I know my way around it quite well. Never used it for drawing before though. :slight_smile:

Still, came out great.

Welcome and well done with your first face!
I am in the other boat, comfortable with the maths and logic (have hit my head against the Facer way of implementing some of the conditional stuff a few times already though…), but not an artistic designer (or any kind of artist) at all.

PS, where in Scotland are you based if I may ask?

I’m in St Andrew’s, Fife, do you know Scotland well? It’s on the East coast. I’m not artistic either, but I found some YouTube tutorials that really helped get a nice landscape with minimal effort. It did help that I knew how to use the illustrator tools.

I don’t know the east coast of Scotland very well and have not been to St Andrew’s, but do know where it is. Being a mountaineer, I head for the highlands on the west coast when I get the chance to visit (Skye, Fort William and beyond).
I spent 6 months working near Stranraer (far most south west) many years ago and travelled up/down the west coast most bank holidays to bag a new Munro. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Welcome and Enjoy!

1 Like

I love the outdoor, and walking but still havent bagged a Munroe! At least not deliberately :slight_smile: I bet you have some awesome photographs.

Thank you.

I made another face today. Left it open for inspection in case it could help someone. Tracymae - St Andrews by the sea - watch face for Apple Watch, Samsung Gear S3, Huawei Watch, and more - Facer

1 Like

Welcome Tracy and enjoy!

1 Like

“Watch out for when it is raining” in Scotland?? as if that is the exception??
Surely you mean “for when it is not raining” ! :rofl:

1 Like