Hello from the one who was fire-born!

Hello there! I am new here, I recently joined facer as a creator under a name HiUmare (meaning fire-born :yum:) as well as a part of the facer community. I just thought I might as well introduce myself, I am 18yo, creating some watch faces for Apple right now since it is the easiest, I have lots of school so not much time but later on I would love to develop my skills. I would love to ask the ā€œold dogsā€ here, is it okay for me to ask in this community for some likes/dislikes according to what is on your watch face? What colors people prefer and stuff like this. If yes in which category please, I dont want to somehow violate any rules. Any help will be really appreciated!! :heart:

7 Likes

Welcome to the community!
You can ask, weā€™ll be open and honest, but taste varies, cannot really say what folks out there like. Sometime simplicity works better.

Here my Apple stats:

8 Likes

Welcome @vwales148 . Check the Charts . Look at the Categories . Be Aware of the restrictions on Apple Face Making . Apple updates every 15 minutes . Or on Wake in the case of a Pictorial Slide Show . You will find most here on the community do not Make Faces for Apple . However do not let that Stop you .
Make Faces that You Like not others .
Have a go at an Apple Slide Show.

8 Likes

Thank you so much, love your faces they look amazing!! :))

2 Likes

Thank you, I will be sure to keep my own opinion and not let others put my mood down! For example flower side show would never let anyone down! :))

3 Likes

Welcome and feel free to ask.
to your question about ā€œlikes/dislikes according to what is on your watch faceā€ I can tell that my personal taste (bluish analog dials) differs from what is liked most. But I like to make various faces, especially if there is some technical challenge attached to them. What I donā€™t like (but seems to be very popular) is redundant time on hybrid faces. To me it seems that people in general do prefer more the digital faces.

To make you an Image, I cut broader chart from my faces of both camps, so you can see, that some designs draw steady attention, while some other were forgotten years ago.
btw. do you have an apple watch to test on?

6 Likes

Thank you so much for your opinion, I will check them out. With the digital face, I realized as well that it is more preferred, mostly in my generation. I like the taste and thank you for the portfolio, they all look really nice!! I do have apple watch, yes, I use them to look at some details when needed. :blush:

5 Likes

Hi there! My preferable colors on watch face are dark combinations that dont use up too much battery. I prefer my watch to last longer than to have ā€œtoo coloredā€ watch face. It is surely not like that for everyone, I am just stating my own preferencesā€¦

Hope you enjoy Facer and fill into this community fast, fellow newcomer!

3 Likes

Thank you so much for your opinion, I like your watches a lot keep up the work and lets both as newcomers improve!! :smiling_face:

1 Like

Hello @vwales148 . Welcome to the party or should i say school. No, this is a nice place where you can develop yourself as a creator, where it is important to enjoy yourself. Learn, try every corner of what is possible of what you desire. I made plus 1500 faces in two years, because i could not stop enjoying it. And i made them all in the first place for myself, for my pleasure, for learning and enjoying, for the challenge. And of course to create something beautiful. Now beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Surely important was to practice everything you find in the F documentation including some tutorials. My thing is animation and to make my own designed objects. It is not only Facer here, you will stick your nose also in graphic design software. I myself use Curve (app on ipad). Take a good look at others, get inspired. There is a place here on the F platform where faces are open for inspection, to see and learn how something works.
Check and ask the community if you get stuck, they are the best. So welcome aboard.

4 Likes

Thank you so much!! It is a bit of school isnā€™t it? I learn new things by the end of the day :grin: I am personally really interested in graphic programs as well so I might find something in near future to work with, Iā€™m sure Iā€™ll love it! Thank you for the support it means a lot and also for giving me ideas about what might people appreciate on watch face! :purple_heart:

2 Likes

I cannot agree more, I just donā€™t see any value in having the time shown twice.

vwales148 welcome!

2 Likes

Welcome! My advice is to not get hooked on using AI images. If you must use them add your own touches to give them personality because most AI lacks human emotion. As for colors, their popularity changes. What is being shown as ā€œhotā€ now in decorating and fashion will change. As time goes on you will see comments from people requesting certain elements. You will also receive comments requesting that you eliminate the same elements. You canā€™t please everyone with different tastes so just do what appeals to you within the copyright and Terms of Service guidelines. Have fun because if itā€™s not fun itā€™s not worth the hours you spend doing it.

3 Likes

Thank you so much Linlay! I will surely not do anything against the Terms and I will try to stay creative and ā€œpleaseā€ everyone in a way, I am sure there is always a middle path that I could take from positive and negative aspects given to me as inspiration :blush:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
So true!

2 Likes

Sorry im late to the welcome party haha. I am glad u are here. Looked at ur work. Great work and u are in a great place here. All are very helpful so just ask as u can see already. Again Glad u are here have fun and welcome to the family.

2 Likes

thank you so much!! i will improve myself a bit more with time, i donā€™t have much skills yetā€¦:blue_heart:

1 Like

The skills will come! :smiley: The fastest way to develop is by not being afraid of garbage. Iā€™m still new here and I have more unpublished faces than published ā€“ many are genuinely terrible ā€“ but Iā€™ve tried things in each or learned techniques that I can refer to later in more mature faces.

2 Likes

Oi amigo Russell,
Essa modificaĆ§Ć£o de imagens na tela pode ser feita apenas na linha apple?

2 Likes

I donā€™t completely understand the question . Are you asking about the size for Pictures on the Apple Picture Template . Check the Apple Flower Face I posted above . The images on that Face are Optimal .
Je ne comprends pas complĆØtement la question. Demandez-vous la taille des images sur le modĆØle dā€™image Apple. VĆ©rifiez le visage de fleur de pomme que jā€™ai postĆ© ci-dessus. Les images sur ce visage sont optimales.

2 Likes