Help creating a rotating monthly dial

I’ve created the monthly dial in my sample watch and need some help with the formula. I found this in another thread and just need to know how to make this work since the percentage goes up as you go from month to month.

This is the initial formula I’ve dropped in *$(#DM#30)=8?240:30$ and it rotated to December. How would I go about adding the additional formula for the remaining 11 months?

It is all done with a little Mathematics :wink:
Imagine you got a wheel image with all the monthnames from january to december. Then the angle for the rotation to a single month is 1/12 of 360 degrees, therefore 30 degrees.
So the rotation value (Tag) should be set to (#DM#*30)
That’s all :slight_smile:

1 Like

You could use one big expression with a new value for each month in the rotation field, something like this one (but obviously changing the rotation value to suit your purpose):

$#DMM#==01?-15.7:$$#DMM#=02?-7.8:$$#DMM#=03?0:$$#DMM#=04?7.8:$$#DMM#=05?15.7:$$#DMM#=06?23.5:$$#DMM#=07?15.7:$$#DMM#=08?7.8:$$#DMM#=09?0:$$#DMM#=10?-7.8:$$#DMM#=11?-15.7:$$#DMM#=12?-23.5:$

I used it to set the rotation of the solar plane (to reflect the seasons) as it changes from month to month relative to your position. It seems to work ok on my face.