Help for an 8 hour clock face (hour hand possibly minute hand)

hello everyone, I’m creating a new dial again.
The dial has only 8 hour divisions.
So far, I’ve coded the hour hand like this: (#DWFKS#*1.5).
It runs great until 11:59 (about 1 1/2 orbits), but at 12:00 the hand jumps back to the starting position (that would be 4 hours forward).
I’ll probably have to use 3 pointers…
But how do I code the hands so that hand 1 is only visible from 00:00-8:00 and hand2 is visible from 08:00-16:00 and hand3 from 16:00-24:00.

The bad thing is that the same thing is about to happen to me with the minute hand…

Thank you in advance for your tips and suggestions…

1 Like

give me a few minutes and i will try to make a test for you

2 Likes

Sorry I forgot the Link…

2 Likes

This lets the hour hand do as you want except havent figured out how to make it smooth yet with out jump but think i can with a little pi! the minutes should still work as normal? Interesting idea, will follow along if you dont mind. I have done something similar with progress bars

3 Likes

Think this will work, use the 24 hour tag with conditionals in opacity to change background for the three different time periods. I will help if needed😎

3 Likes

Here is a Shift clock I was working on but gave it up as a bad job .

4 Likes

ok so I updated to include Background change, watched for a while do not think it is jumping

3 Likes

What about simply using the 24h tag for the hand rotation?
(#DWFHS#*3)
Do not shifts mostly change at 6, 14 and 22?

4 Likes

thats what i put in the test above. seems to be working.

3 Likes

I think the British Wooden Navy used 8 hrs Watches . I just called it shifts because I did not want to call it Watch . I could not see that any one would be interested in it any more than the Biel Mean time Face I made . Got about 3 syncs I think .

3 Likes

@russellcresser Many Thanks
I came up with almost the same idea last night (in my sleep).
Now I have to change my idea a bit…

2 Likes

I did that some time ago and never published any thing like it. I am certain the concept can be improved. I will try to remember to post a resource you might like.

2 Likes

Thank you very much.
I’m going to put everything together now.
I’ll post the result here one day…
Thanks again to you guys.

2 Likes

Here is my first version. What do you think?
I still have to change a few things… e.g. make the numbers bigger…

2 Likes