Help for chrono countdown with minute hand

@diavo
I’m sorry, but even with inspection enabled, you still need pro to add var’s to the mock up,
so it is hard for me to help on that one.

Looking at what @petruuccios already posted, I would imagine something like
(clamp(((#SWEM#+(#VAR_1#/2))*24-120), -120, 120)) might allow you to set the minute hand at the right spot with 1/2 minute intervals.
You do need to make sure var1 cannot be less that 0 or more than 20.
In my demo you can see how to do that by moving the hit points off screen at certain values.

2 Likes

Hi guys
Prologue
I want to thanks very much @russellcresser @ThaMattie @petruuccios for their very appreciated help.
To simplify my life, but above all to simplify YOUR lives i took what i think to be a wise decision, that is…i abandon the idea to have a selectable starting point. Far beyond my skills.
It’s enough to have the hand that, done his run, remain stuck & visible at 10 even if the counter continues his run in a hidden way.
Regarding this i tried inserting in minutes rotation the formula that suggested @petruuccios
(clamp((#SWEM#*24-120), -120, 120))
All works fine. The hand makes his run and stop.
There is only one problem, for sure because I explained myself badly, and is that the hand starts his run at 10 and stops at 0.
I would need a reverse run, Start at 0 and stop at 10. I tried messing with + and -, but … being a landslide I have not had any success.
Could you @petruuccios or another guy correct the formula
(clamp((#SWEM#*24-120), -120, 120))
for a reverse run?
Thanks so much again for your precious help.
Anice day to all of you
P.S. i have added in the mokeup a digital chrono. Just for reference

1 Like

first for reversing try to negate what you have. like (clamp((120-#SWEM#*24), -120, 120))

1 Like

Hi @petruuccios
You saved me from madness. I don’t know how to thank you and I owe you.
A million thanks. Just testing the hand run in reverse.
Perfect!! It works a beauty. The hand makes his run counterclockwise and stops at ten.
This is more than enough :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
Thx, have a nice day

1 Like

Hi @ThaMattie
I would have liked that you knew you have been decisive, with your trick to have the hand stopped even if the counter continues his run, in the solution of my need.
@petruuccios refined the formula for analog
Big thanks

2 Likes

You are welcome, maybe one day you will be able to make your own version of this mechanizm

1 Like

Ooooooh . :+1: :100:

HI @petruuccios
More than reproduce a particular watch, by the way this is forbidden, i try to get some sort of inspiration about mechanisms and sub dials from real watches to adapt them to some face i could have in mind.
Sometimes i do this in a different main dial, and sometimes these ideas remain in a drawer for, may be, future use.
Meanwhile i try to collect the formulas i could use to realize that particular project.
As we say here in Italy “learn the art and put it aside” :wink: :smile:
Have a nice day, and thanks again

1 Like

meh, should be totally possible with what I suggested with the var_1 :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Yes, and also the direction would be ok earlier.
And I did not mean to copy the watch on video, just take inspiration from how it works.
Maybe when one day I will rent me the better facer toys for another month.
I just don’t feel so eager right now :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @petruuccios
I can only agree. Do you know why i have passed to premium?
The reason is because, talking about real watches, i have a true passion for chronos and GMT hands. I can say i only own chronos, and between them some good piece of horlogery. 1 Rolex explorer 2 and a Panerai Luminor GMT.
So, doing my own watch faces i like to recreate the functions that i love in real watches.
To do this however…i need Creator pro.
Just simple as drinking a glass of water :blush: :blush:
Have a nice weekend

2 Likes