Help for vertical battery indicator with a hand

Hi to all
Looking again for help Often i use this simple dial to show battery power
Immagine 2021-10-20 080701
with this formula (270+(#BLN#*1.8))
Now i would use the same dial, but in vertical position. The above formula, if i rotate the dial at -90 does’nt work.
The hand continues to move horizontally
What should i do for the hand to move vertically?
I see that some faces ( i.e. Artemis IV-dual-time by @richard2) have the battery dial in vertical position and the hand works properly, but…my hand always move horizzontally.
Thanks for any help

1 Like

Hi @diavo. 270 is the start angle of the hand rotation. Try 180 or just play till it’s right. *1.8 is the scale of the sweep. I recommend you have a little play with that. Inspect some faces that use that trick.

2 Likes

Hello,
like Russel explained, the first number is the starting angle of your hand and the last one is how many degrees it turns each % (full circle is 360°). I made an example for fun.

4 Likes

Hi diavo,

russell and petruu have nailed it! For quick and easy reference to your question, the answer is:

100% at ‘12’, 0% at ‘6’ moving anti-clockwise use:

(-180+(#BLN#*1.8))

100% at ‘12’, 0% at ‘6’ moving clockwise use:

(180-(#BLN#*1.8))

Cheers. RIchard2 (MACH-1)

2 Likes

Hi @russellcresser ; @petruuccios ; @richard2

I thank you all very very much for your help. Now i have a battery hand working vertically.
if I could be born again I would study a lot of math, but I assume that it is difficult for that to happen
LOL
Cheers

1 Like

@diavo I was told at school that I had no chance of programming as I was illiterate mathematically. . There was no Basic in those days but when I got a chance I discovered I could do basic stuff. It is more about practice. Facer gives us late starters a chance to do stuff by trial an error and most importantly have some Fun.

hI @russellcresser

Of course I can only agree with you. As you told, i’m learning something step by step and the most important thing is that we’re having fun.
Another thing that i think important is that we keep busy our poor old brain :smile:

1 Like