Help me make something spin, please

I haven’t used the options to animate the watch faces much. When I have used them I copied a formula I found. I created a watch face with spinning snowflakes. When I put it on my apple watch nothing happens. I’m guessing there is something I forgot to do. The watch face is [Moving Snowflakes 2 • (DLP - Moving Snowflakes 2 - watch face for Apple Watch, Samsung Gear S3, Huawei Watch, and more - Facer) It is spinning on the site but not on my watch two people have complained but hundreds of people downloaded it without complaint so is it working for some people?

2 Likes

It is not possible to have movement on an Apple Watch. See this community page for more information about the limitations Apple puts on us.

8 Likes

Thanks for the reply sorry I never got back to you. So, I’m guessing all the actions I see in the top 100 on free apple watch faces are just intended to catch your eye? Do most people know this? I’ve had good download numbers with this one and only a few have sent messages saying it won’t move.

1 Like

If it is an Apple watch with movement, it has been done on an Apple watch and then ported to Facer some how. We can’t make that work on our end.

2 Likes

@melrobiphone . I have advised those makes that these animations do not show on a really Apple Watch . I get " So What " . Thy don’t give a shit about the User experiance . They are just Whoring for Syncs . I posted a Face in the early days at the Begining a few of us did as a response to a request . I got 3 Thousand syncs and two comments that it did not work properly . Another Maker advised me that it was not working properly . We all took or work down . Peters is used in the Manual MAG flagged above as an Example of what you can and can not do .
The respectful thing to do is not have any action on the Face that needs refreshing sooner than 15 minutes . There is a note somewhere on the Creator Apple pages .
But keep making .

1 Like