Help needed - Code for single moonphase pictures

Hi @ll,

i need some help from the mathematic and/or coding cracks.

I created 29 very nice single moon phase pictures and need a code to display them correctly in the right time?

I want to use the pictures full screen on the watch face.

Any help is very much appreciated.

Greetings, GAUSS.

Hi mate i have created a demo for you all you would need to do it check for the number you want to change the pic with its a simple piece of code not sure who created it first but i have used it to move things in time with the moon in the past ok

Thanks for the help, @dazstacey.

It´s nice to see the values but the basic moon phase indicator of the creator is to simple. It can only display the main phases.

@mikeoday just gave me a very nice formula and it seems to work fine (although i don´t know how precise it is in calculating the specific hours of Full moon and new moon.

Here is my first test result:

Greetings, GAUSS.

1 Like

Hey @GAUSS, don’t forget that the duration of a lunar cycle varies. This coming month it is 29.7 days. The formula I gave you tries to account for this variation. That is, the time between the next two new moon images as determined by the formula will be ~29.7 days and not 29.5 days.

1 Like

Great! Thank you very much for your help. This is absolutely awesome!

1 Like

Hi Gauss. Is this moonphase face completed because I would love to add it to my collection.

1 Like

Hi. No, not fully completed yet. But maybe i will have some time left in the next weeks.

Greetings, GAUSS.

Thanks for replying. I look forward to seeing the final result. Your designs are awesome.