Help please [code for an image to rotate 360’ around the watch face]

Good afternoon any and all, I’m new to the creating of watch faces but during the trying times of COVID i have found I am enjoying the distraction immensely.

I’m currently learning the ins and out especially the abundance of tags, my question is: does anyone know of a tag or a code for an image or sticker to rotate 360’ around the watch face? i am fully able to make an image rotate 360’ in one spot but i would for example like to know if say i placed a sticker i.e. a star at 12 o’clock how would i make the star travel to the 1 o’clock position then following to the 2 o’clock position all the way around back to the staring point of 12 o’clock.

i understand if this can not be done and any help would be greatly appreciated.

sincere
Liam

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum @liammoneill24
Minutes
Hours
Seconds
Last digit distance from the center (160) or radius

(160 + cos((#DWFMS#-90)*0.0174533)*140)
(160 + sin((#DWFMS#-90)*0.0174533)*140)

(160 + cos((#DWFKS#-90)*0.0174533)*110)
(160 + sin((#DWFKS#-90)*0.0174533)*110)

(160 + cos((#DWFSS#-90)*0.0174533)*140)
(160 + sin((#DWFSS#-90)*0.0174533)*140)

Here you can see how these formulas work, click on the rocket icon on the left and you will get to the editor.

2 Likes

@lucky.andrei loves all he sin and cos stuff :slight_smile:
Welcome @liammoneill24

1 Like

And instead of the multiply with PI/180 (0.0174533), you can use the rad function to convert degrees to radians:
(160 + cos(rad(#DWFMS#-90))*140)

2 Likes

There’s an easier way I think. If you made a photoshop file with the image you want to rotate at the 12 position, then save the WHOLE image, not just the orbiting part, as a PNG, then you can just load that in to the creator and use the seconds hand code. DWFSS

like this…

You can crop that into a vertical slice or whatever, but it’s an easier way to do what you’re looking for.

2 Likes

I even wonder, after so many useful tips, if the @liammoneill24 who asked the question will come to read the answers or not. Or we’ll wait for a few more tips that are useful in every way. :rofl:

1 Like

lmao i have only just seen that people have even replied i’m sorry truly. i spend 4 hours making my 3rd watch and got lost in time lol.

wow what can i say that watch you put up is a whole new level of awesome i can only dream to be as good but forgive me because i will try lmao, now i have to also try and make sense of the code you have given me. practice makes perfect i suppose, i feel i may be picking your brains and talent again in the future but again for now honestly thank you.

2 Likes

trying to get imges to move in 360 circle not on the spot

x = (<centerpoint> + (<radius> * sin(rad(<angle>))))
y = (<centerpoint> + (<radius> * cos(rad(<angle>))))

So if you want something to go around in 60 seconds 120px from the center:
x = (160 + (120 * sin(rad(#DWFSS#))))
y = (160 + (120 * cos(rad(#DWFSS#))))

This might go counter clockwise, if so, then the y should use 160 - ... (minus) instead of 160 + ... to go clockwise

2 Likes

Also see

Inspection open for expressions.

1 Like