I am looking for help with making the weather change back and forth between the simple text weather for the current temp to the weather icon showing the current weather condition. I am new to all of this
The good thing about facer is you don’t have to manually do this.
If you’re using the online editor it’s as simple as the following:
- Go to Facer - Thousands of FREE watch faces for Apple Watch, Samsung Gear S3, Huawei Watch, and more
- Click on a blank template
- On the new screen, you’ll see a menu on the left. Click on ADD ELEMENT, it’s in blue at the top left.
- A new sub menu appears, scroll down to the INFORMATION ELEMENTS area. It’s the 3rd grouping down.
- Two icons are important here for the weather: WEATHER TEXT and WEATHER ICON
- Click on WEATHER TEXT and place it on your watchface design. You can customize the size, color, etc.
- Click on WEATHER ICON and place it on your watchface design. Same here.
Alternately, you can create a text field and use the following tag (#WCT##WM#) #WCT# gives the current temperature whereas #WM# gives the user’s preferred format (Celsius or Fahrenheit) Some people choose to use just #WCT# to save space and avoid format issues. In the above example, you can edit the temperature in step 6 by clicking on the text field and removing the #WM# part. (You may need to toggle on edit fields by pressing the rocket ship icon in the lower right of the screen to do so)
As you get more advanced, you can add things like future weather forecasts, humidity, low temp, high temp, weather location, etc. with tags. Best advice would be to play with the tags and see what each generates automatically. Alternately, you can do a search on the forum for a tag you’re interested in and chances are someone has a tutorial or has used it in a cool way.
Another thing you can do is look for a watch that has a feature you’re interested in, and seeing if they’ve enabled inspection mode so you can see how they accomplished that cool feature you’re interested in.
And as always you can ask on the forum for help, plenty of people here are willing to help.
Do you have to activate the pro version?