Help with battery graphic

I added this rotation (expression) tag (+307+(#BLN#*2.8))

…as you can see I’m having an issue getting the hand to go from left to right from green to red…

I don’t remember which thread this was in or who wrote this or I would credit them for it, but this is the best explanation for figuring out battery hands.

DIAL GUAGE FOR BATTERY

1. Firstly you should understand that Facer sees the top point of a dial/circle as 0 degrees.
  1. Next, you need to work out the angle position of your markers for 0% battery level and 100% battery level. In my example above, the 0% marker (red) is -90 degrees from the top of the dial and the 100% marker is +90 degrees from the top of the dial. This means in total the hand has to rotate 180 degrees (90 degrees from -90 to 0, then 90 degrees from 0 to +90)
  1. Next, the battery is represented as a percentage, which means it has 100 x 1% increments. To work out how far the hand has to rotate for each 1%, we divide the total rotation amount (180) by 100 which gives us 1.8 degrees (180/100=1.8). So we now know the hand has to rotate 1.8 degrees for each 1% increment of the battery level.
  1. Now we can put the formula together:

(START ANGLE POSITION +/- (BATTERY PERCENT NUMBER * 1.8) or (-90 + ( #BLN# * 1.8) )
(-90+(#BLN#*1.8))

Dial using second hand function change rotation value to (360-((#BLN#*3.6)-0))
will spin clockwise going down in battery %. Change to (360+((#BLN#*3.6)-0)) for
anti-clockwise function.

1 Like

Thanks for the insight. I ended up playing with the figures - this worked:

(-237+((#BLN#*-2.5)-0))

I can drag the hand from left to right and it worked perfectly…

Trey

1 Like

Hi @mrantisocialguy
Following your explanation i succeeded in realizing a battery hand moving inside an incomplete circle with 100% on the right and the hand works perfectly with this formula
(-136 + ( #BLN# * 2.66) )
I tried to have the movement inside the same incomplete circle, but with 100% on the left with no success. I tried with +136- / -136- / all in vain.
Please could you tell me how to change my formula to have a clockwise rotation?
Thanks for help

This example is for a full circle, but it functions the same way on all battery and other dials.

Dial using second hand function change rotation value to (360-((#BLN#*3.6)-0))
will spin clockwise going down in battery %. Change to (360+((#BLN#*3.6)-0)) for
anti-clockwise function.

So in your expression to change direction just change (-136 + ( #BLN# * 2.66) ) to (-136 - ( #BLN# * 2.66) ). Understand though, when you change direction you also change the Starting Point. Your number “136” will have to be changed.

Hi Rusty
Many thanks. As usual you have been resolutive. I did not considered that going anti-clockwaise the starting point would have been different. Now i have a working battery hand in both directions.
Many thanks

1 Like