Help with seconds hand

@Gecks70 . This is a good set of KISS Orbit formulas .
You replace the tag with one that does 0 to 360 .
#DWFHS#
#DWFKS#
#DWFMS#
X POS

(160+(cos(rad((#DWFSS#)-90)))*144)

Y POS

(160+(sin(rad((#DWFSS#)-90)))*72)
The first number is for the orbit centre .
The last number is the orbit radius .
In this Case you would get an ellipse .
Note one is sin the other cos .
Get back if you are not sure .

1 Like
1 Like

by some miracle fluke, I got the gold statue, rotating roughly right, as a minute hand, but for the life of me I can’t get the cup to follow as the hour hand.

2 Likes

Why can you not inspect the test above and copy the formula then paste it into your face ? Do you know how to inspect that test ? Click on the name of the Face then the Little Rocket .

1 Like

oh for sure, I did exactly that, looked at the test, and copied the formula exactly, but when I want the hour hand to be recessed in, so it’s not circling around edge, it got kinda screwed up.

1 Like

You only change the first and last number in those formulas .

Obviously you have to change the Timer .

The first is the pivot pint so x and Y must be the Same . I have never checked to see what kind of cockup that gives . I must have a look .

The last two numbers are the orbit radius . A larger number will get you nearer the edge of the Display . If they are different you will get an Ellipse .

Your Image should be centred in its Frame . if you want it to Rotate or Jiggle it you put that in the Rotation Field . Show us where you have got to . Then it is easy to check you syntax error . Sadly Spelling mistakes are not tolerated by Marvin.

1 Like

okay I seem to have finally done it, for the hour hand (the cup) I increased the Y value, but it took me ages changing the last value to a seemingly correct value, so it seems to finally be doing an orbital rotation, instead of the frustratingly annoying elliptical rotation, so here’s the value of Y that I finally came up with, after just randomly changing the last value numbers. (170+(sin(rad((#DWFKS#)-90)))*100)

2 Likes

Sometime the Learning cycly takes a bit of time . Since your hero is seperate from the background we coukd have the Objects going in front and behind him . That is another story . A little wobble on them woud add dimension . Have a look at the Face Our Friend Gizmo Posted .

1 Like